Mafia FREE on Steam September 1st

Paul Rudd

Mafia is FREE right now on Steam. 89% Very Positive reviews.

01mafia1.gif.655c495b89ba975e3ce12f60dff9a1ca.gif

Free to keep when you get it before Sep 5 @ 1:00pm.

Mafia was made available for digital download via Steam on September 7, 2010, under the 2K label, but was discontinued sometime in 2012. A DRM-free re-release of Mafia was released on GOG in 2017, as well as being reinstated on Steam. The 2017 re-release is essentially unchanged from the original game, albeit lacking the soundtrack due to licensing issues.

Be sure to use https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Mafia to improve your experience with the game.

Here are some notable things for you to possibly utilize from this website...

• There is a Patch 1.3 to update the game to its latest version. Some sources list this patch as 1.2.
  • Skip intro videos.
  • Increase draw distance.
  • Restore original music. This doesn't restore the scripted music played during specific missions. For example the band on the boat during the mission Happy Birthday! may appear to dance and sing but remain silent due to missing song file.

• Widescreen Resolution Fix. I think this is one of the most important to try and implement into the game.

• 4K seems to have limited native support so I'd expect the same for 1440p. Using the Mafia Widescreen Fix should allow native 1440p/4K support.

• 2x or 4x FSAA. MSAA can be forced in the graphics card control panel.

• Frame rate is capped at 63 fps but this can be upcapped via the Mafia Widescreen Fix. However, high fps causes several issues such as cars having unusually good traction that results in much relaxed steering than intended. It can be almost impossible to fully park car at mission marker without turning its engine off (game still thinks it's moving). NPCs can get stuck on any elevated surfaces e.g. sidewalks, stairs, this can break any mission with NPC companions and cause Trams to stay in one place waiting for passenger indefinitely.

• To add to the uncapping of fps mentioned above, from my experience with these types of issues in games what I do is cap my fps to specific fps intervals and see how it works out. I like to first try 144 fps, 120 fps, 100 fps and 85 fps and simply figure out which one works the best in terms of stability and presenting bugs and what not.

• There are also several Issues that have been fixed that I recommend you read and incorporate as needed into the game at the bottom of this wiki page. Almost all of these are fixed using the Mafix Widescreen Fix. Things such as Game doesn't start/Settings aren't saved, Flickering shadows, Controller deadzone issues, No fullscreen mode on Windows 10, Free Ride Extreme frame rate bugs(literally requiring your fps to be capped at 15-20), Red blocks/black lines on screen, Error 4205 Generic or Error 8815 Generic (fixed with an Indeo codec and a few other possible tweaks), Low and unstable frame rate when sound is enabled(fixed with IndirectSound).

Nice try.. Still hoping to get Definitive Edition some day for re-playing 😉

“The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

So why bother to learn.”

Collected...

will I ever play it?

Did I get it for clout?

The world may never know...