Google TV vs Nvidia Shield

Hi,

So I just bought a Sony A95k to replace my Samsung UN50RU7100F. Is there anything that would make the shield better for picture quality or audio versus just using the built in Google TV with the Sony? I only really stream from apps. No plex server or anything.

If the Shield is better then I’d want to use it with the Sony since it’s going to be the main TV, but if there isn’t a difference then I’d prefer to use the Shield with my Samsung since its standard OS isn’t very good.

Thanks for the advice!

Runescape player  II  Civ 6 and LoL noob  II  

Google TV is the best value, the sheild is super old tech charging full prices still (its like 10 year old chips in it) 

I've gone through this game thing where i bought all the google tvs, used and compared them all - returned them all for the google tv. 
It has some limitations but honestly, usb-c adapter + usb stick helped iron out some issues -- plus the thing plays PS1 / N64 Emulatiors perfectly. 

3 hours ago, MittWaffen said:

Google TV is the best value, the sheild is super old tech charging full prices still (its like 10 year old chips in it) 

I've gone through this game thing where i bought all the google tvs, used and compared them all - returned them all for the google tv. 
It has some limitations but honestly, usb-c adapter + usb stick helped iron out some issues -- plus the thing plays PS1 / N64 Emulatiors perfectly. 

So I’ll add that I’m talking about the Google TV that’s built into the TV vs an Nvidia Shield.

Runescape player  II  Civ 6 and LoL noob  II  

Lossless audio support with plex for disk rips. Never use any tv apps for this purpose as you lose Dolby true hd. Dolby atmos.  Dts hd ma and dts x.

It's the only reason I have a shield pro myself 

3 hours ago, Epic_Nex said:

So I’ll add that I’m talking about the Google TV that’s built into the TV vs an Nvidia Shield.

Id still go with an add on google TV ontop of the tv device if i was trying to decide between the three, its cheap and is a huge speed upgrade on most tvs. 
The lossless audio isnt a noticeable thing today, Sheild tv is only good for dobly atoms but to be honest - an xbox with dobly atmos purchased does a great job of this too and is probably better value overall. 

I struggle to recommend the sheild anymore with its AD infested interface and super old SOC. 

If you don't travel a lot, I'll always recommend the shield tv. Yes, the updated interface has ads but I just installed a 3rd party launcher and they were gone. 

The SoC may be old, but it doesn't slow anything down. 

The AI upscaler is also amazing if you have a 4k TV but don't have any 4k content to play on it.