Dual booting pop os with windows 11

Now i have bought a windows 11 laptop now i know that windows 11 require tpm 2.0 and secure boot and those are probably enable by default in the laptop.So if i want to dual boot pop os as linux of my choice with windows 11 do i need to switch off or disable tpm too? i know that secure boot is not supported and also will the windows 11 still work without secure boot and tpm 2.0 ? 

I have windows 11(may it burn in hell) and Manjaro installed on my Huawei matebook D and I have no issues. but this laptop was originally windows 10 (I think) when I installed Manjaro.

if you want a reply you need to quote or @me 

3 hours ago, adiack said:

I have windows 11(may it burn in hell) and Manjaro installed on my Huawei matebook D and I have no issues. but this laptop was originally windows 10 (I think) when I installed Manjaro.

Can you just check and let me know if secure boot is enabled on it?

1 hour ago, Souranil21 chakraborty said:

Can you just check and let me know if secure boot is enabled on it?

secure boot is not enabled

1 hour ago, adiack said:

secure boot is not enabled

in that case does all of your windows 11 features work properly like windows hello unlocking and other things  that are tied to secure boot being enabled

i unlock using finger print so i gues so

11 minutes ago, adiack said:

i unlock using finger print so i gues so

and also does any feature doesn't work without secure boot ? have you encountered anything for disabling secure boot?

1 minute ago, Souranil21 chakraborty said:

and also does any feature doesn't work without secure boot ? have you encountered anything for disabling secure boot?

i have not ecountered any issues with my instalation

Just now, Souranil21 chakraborty said:

i am asking because if i want to dual boot with win 11 i need to choose wisely whether i want ubuntu or pop os cause pop os is the best as per my needs with nvidia graphics drivers on linux but ubuntu supports secure boot. Also my last question promise do you have bitlocker encryption on ? cause i read on some websites that bitlocker requires you to give the key everytime of boot if you keep secure boot disabled

Just now, Souranil21 chakraborty said:

i am asking because if i want to dual boot with win 11 i need to choose wisely whether i want ubuntu or pop os cause pop os is the best as per my needs with nvidia graphics drivers on linux but ubuntu supports secure boot. Also my last question promise do you have bitlocker encryption on ? cause i read on some websites that bitlocker requires you to give the key everytime of boot if you keep secure boot disabled

i dont have encyption on my laptop sorry. you can always try booting pop os if it works YAY if it doesnt then boot Ubuntu

12 hours ago, adiack said:

i dont have encyption on my laptop sorry. you can always try booting pop os if it works YAY if it doesnt then boot Ubuntu

Ubuntu is no longer the best option for debian based distros and the latest lts is not that well polished as per the forums and reddits i saw and also the nvidia drivers are not provided with ubuntu

11 hours ago, Souranil21 chakraborty said:

Ubuntu is no longer the best option for debian based distros and the latest lts is not that well polished as per the forums and reddits i saw and also the nvidia drivers are not provided with ubuntu

adding drivers is not difficult

https://discord.gg/linuxgaming

this discord has great help with all your gaming needs

On 8/26/2022 at 9:10 PM, C2dan88 said:

Whats wrong with the additional driver manager util to install them?

May need to add graphics team ppa for latest drivers.

https://linuxhint.com/ubuntu_nvidia_ppa/

nothing really but is not that easier and more user friendly to include the nvidia drivers as many distros does arch based distros like manjaro and pop has seperate image for nvidia users

1 hour ago, Souranil21 chakraborty said:

nothing really but is not that easier and more user friendly to include the nvidia drivers as many distros does arch based distros like manjaro and pop has seperate image for nvidia users

dude sriosly it is as simple as copy and pasting a few commands if you cant deal with that then do not try running linux

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2022 at 2:08 PM, adiack said:

dude sriosly it is as simple as copy and pasting a few commands if you cant deal with that then do not try running linux

no i was asking about that cause i read on a page on internet that these drivers that i have to install for my nvidia card on ubuntu may not work properly cause of secure boot. Also enabling secure boot requires to load the virtualbox kernal modules manually 

• 3 weeks later...

Nividia is included in Ubuntu, or it was the last time I used it 22.04, so unless you have one that doesn't somehow or somehow, you delete it. Also, installing it is easy. Just open the terminal and put in.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa

Then update it with.

sudo apt update

and done.

For SecureBoot on Ubuntu read.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UEFI/SecureBoot

You Know games don't make you violent, lag does. and I'm not a player. I'm a gamer. Players get chicks. I get achievements. So just so you know Failure doesn't mean the game is over, it means try again with experience and I'm the hero of a thousand stories. I'm a superhero, an assassin a soldier. I've slain dragons and traveled through portals. I am a spartan, a commander. A king. I've saved a thousand worlds and countless more lives. What am I? I'm a gamer.

My youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrNO2liFw3M85GZWP6e9CQg

thanks i have done it and also it seems the ubuntu installer automatically installs nvidia drivers. And it seems secure boot and tpm module being enabled doesn't interfere with the installation.