Any actual experience to give upgrading from Sony A1E?

So I have a Sony A1E currently and its such an incredible display, it makes 1080p look like 4k and 4k look photorealistic. Animation and moving images against static backgrounds looks unreal smooth. Every time I turn the panel on I am always impressed by image quality. Are there any new TV's that offer quite the same wow factor if I were to decide to upgrade from here? Are the QD-OLED's really that much of an improvement if the qd layer compromises the perfect blacks?

I have a Sony A80J OLED and it's the best TV I've ever had (I skipped 4K LED and upgraded from a 1080p Plasma TV).

As of right now, with the current market of readily available TV's, any "top level" OLED from LG or Sony is going to be nearly identical to the one you've already got.

I've never heard of QD-OLED before, but doing some research, it does look very promising. Will a QD-OLED blow away your current OLED? No idea. You'll have to wait for production models to get out there and be reviewed. If the promises hold true (extended lifespan, and even better colours), it may well become the top-tier tech.

However, unless you just have a massive amount of cash burning a hole in your pocket that you need to spend, I wouldn't even consider upgrading from your current TV until it either dies, or no longer fulfills the needs you have of it.

My OLED, I will be keeping as long as it still works.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)