Jump to content

If AMD Radeon marketing department is reading Linus forum, here some suggestion

Radeon marketing is terrible-
Previously I wrote a big reddit post about this. Radeon marketing is better nowadays, compared to the days where AMD sent Fixers to break nvidia graphics cards and generated e waste.
 
ReBAR/SAM was marketed well. But Nvidia now does have reBAR. Nvidia only supports reBAR in latest 3000 series. Radeon needs focus on sustainability .Now older CPUs support reBAR, so if Nvidia doesn't support reBAR in older hardware, then that should be marketing focus for AMD.Do a propaganda about SAM being enabled in older hardware and gaining advantage in open world games like Assassins creed
 
 
According to Hardware unboxed-
Geforce has significant driver overhead now. Older CPUs like ddr3 haswell don't perform well with Nvidia cards for a while.
This is partially because ray tracing has a cpu overhead, faster ram and faster cpu with big cache is needed for ray tracing.
Radeon cards are bad at ray tracing, however they can use this as a good thing. Driver overhead is less than nvidia, so use this as 'better longevity' finewine propaganda. After all most steam users have skylake kabylake haswell i5 or ryzen 1600. These cpu are terrible nowadays with geforce drivers
 
 
Work with game developers and simulation devs-
unreal engine hates ray tracing and uses other solutions. AMD should work with game engine dev like Epic, Microsoft, Unity to make rasterized reflection and global illumination look better.
Competing with Nvidia and whole omniverse will not be easy but you can try. But promote FSR even more. Try to insert FSR into vulkan api. Create alternative to nvidia's liquid physics 'flow'
Try to make better reflection maps using FSR.
Some game engines still don't support reBAR or SAM for big maps, work on that.
 
Dual gpus were not a thing, but AMD did try to establish dx12 multi gpu when they sponsored Ashes singularity. AMD needed to sponsor a FPS game at that time. Right now multi gpu are probably not gonna make a comeback, but there are more crossfireX supported motherboards then sli certified. So maybe work on crossfire a little, specially for simulation softwares
 
Some simulation softwares may need more cache than others. Unreal engine has chaos destruction which uses more cpu. AMD has 5800x3d cache. So work with ray tracing and physics software makers to make use of the cache.
AMD also had senseMI it helped a bit for simulation but it was not later developed.
 
 
 
power consumption- Latest Intel architecture needs lots of power. Geforce 4000 may need lots of power. Gone are the days when Radeon was the power hungry inefficient chip. However gamers still look at Radeon as primitive power hungry chips that caused so much climate change and cyclones the chip turned red like the color of the blood.
AMD needs some focus groups to investigate how gamers see them. Try to market it as green environment friendly because Ryzen has longevity and both Ryzen and Radeon now less power hungry than Intel and Nvidia.
NVidia ray tracing cards has sudden power fluctuations which is specially bad for SFX setups.
 
 
Sustainability and ESG score-
AMD should focus on the word sustainability and e waste and longevity more. When you are spending more money you are actually saving money- actually for AMD, in some cases it's true. Spending more money on AMD may save money in long run because Ryzen supports same socket lot longer than intel.
Radeon is bad at ray tracing, use this as a sustainable argument. Why make more ewaste, rather promote rasterization improvements like FSR. Promote BAR/SAM in older hardware, free performance gain in older hardware
 
 
Ryzen 5000 chipset support and pciE4.0- AMD kinda screwed up 5000 series launch. 5000 was still AM4. Why contradict motherboard vendors and say 5000 series won't support x470 b450 for quite some time. The pciE4.0 support issue made it even worse. pciE was more complicated because it's more sophisticated, but there was no actual issue of supporting 5000 on older chipset while pciE4.0 is disabled.
 
 
 
AMD Link- Some Radeon features are bit niche but needs to be marketed more.
AMD Robert made some great youtube videos. Now somebody in radeon needs to make youtube or tiktok explanation about AMD Link and other radeon features
 
Twitch- nobody on Twitch or godforsaken mixer playstv use Radeon. Sponsor some twitcher tiktokers to promote Radeon Link or something. Or promote some MMO, those mmo players have no life they want to be in the game while they are on the streets getting hit by a car
 
 
Store monopoly and anti trust-
Epic games is fighting platform monopoly. This is not directly connected to AMD, and AMD is actually a behemoth having both CPU and GPU divisions. But AMD can kinda promote openness trust. AMD is the one who promoted mantle, predecessor of Vulkan in battlefield 4 9 years ago. So AMD should market to Vulkan and Linux more
GPU vendors are kinda worried about Nvidia taking market from them with founder edition. AMD can promote itself as more sustainable because AMD cooperates with vendors better.
Nv also had some problems with hardware reviewers like HW unboxed and gamers nexus last year. So AMD needs to market it better with 'we are not a monopoly' slogan
 
 
Wonder why laptop makers are reluctant to use AMD?
Did AMD ever wonder why laptop makers slow to work with them? Nvidia has GPP which was exposed by hardocp. GPP was supposedly shut down after backlash and antitrust accusation but is it really? Laptop makers are reluctant to use radeon gpu because there is still nvidia GPP, they have to have options for using geforce gpu in the laptop.
 
 
privacy and open source-
AMD is focusing on privacy but needs to market it even better. Apple and Steve Jobs and Tim Cook talks about privacy as human rights 24/7. AMD needs to talk about Nvidia data brokers more.
Attack nvidia, I mean not physically, don't send Radeon Fixer, target Geforce experience telemetry. Claim that AMD does not track customers friendlist data or telemetry. Or do they? Raised eyebrow emoji
 
Linux is better for privacy and security and AMD already has open source driver for linux. Focus on that.
 
 
6500XT- well the sustainability argument doesn't work here because this card is gonna generate more e-waste than any other card. It's a 2022 card but it is worse than rx470 in some cases, a 6 years old card with 150$ price tag. This card is worse value than 650Ti and gtx 275x LOL
 
AMD laptop
AMD laptops are still not that popular. They should have been lot more popular in the entry level. AMD entry level laptops can game better than intel. AMD needs to market those as 600$ fortnite overwatch back to school pc. AMD can market their products as more sustainable because they have more cores and slightly better gpu at cheap price to run overwatch or even doom at low graphics.
 
 
right to repair- AMD should openly support louis rossman and right to repair to make good marketing. Maybe try to make an AMD branded open laptop or open mini pc, with or without framework company.
 
AMD custom mini pc-
AMD may want to make a minipc or laptop where the gpu is horizontal to the motherboard.
If you don't understand what I am saying- kinda like Gigabyte project stealth. They made the power port and internal usb ports reversed.
AMD needs to reverse the pciE port on the other side, or maybe place the pciE horizontally to the motherboard, so gpu can be installed without a pciE 5.0 raiser cable. So the gaming pc can still be very slim.
 
 
AMD laptops should be upgradable. AMD has lots of pciE lanes, compared to intel. So why not sell DDR5 lappy with 1 nvme and 1 stick ram. Then, when the customer decides that he has more money, he can add other sticks of ram, add 2 more nvme m2. 'When you are spending more money you are actually saving money' 'sustainability' it just works
 
 
Hacks, AMD PSP, spectre
The next great hacks like 'sony the interview hacks', 'wannacry ransomeware', 'spectre' or 'pegasus zero day glitches' are coming, and these hacks are not gonna be some amateur scriptkids phishing the medical workers, to force them to download malwares into hospital pc running freaking windows XP. Upcoming serious hacks/wars are gonna happen through Intel management interface or AMD PSP. Information warfare.
What is AMD doing regarding PSP? They need to be more clear about it. Can we turn it off, does turning it off risk system stability? AMD can stay top at the marketing if they do something about it, options to turn it off in ryzen or threadripper? Become more open about it, how does AMD PSP work in windows 11 tpm?
 
Spectre exploits hindered Intel's performance, Intel now recommends turning hyperthreading off in older pc. AMD can use this as marketing, saying yet there is no big exploit found in AMD, AMD's longevity is secured unlike competition.
 
 
fuzedrive sensestorage- these days nvme storage is getting cheaper so fuzedrive is obsolete. However maybe it will gain some relevance with microsoft directstorage?
maybe try to combine it with upcoming DDR5 rams and reBAR. 'Intelligent StoreMI sends texture data from your storage to GPU memory faster, just combine your SSD with HDD!'
 
 
 
Like Gamernexus put it-
so far AMD only marketed its products to reddit. AMD Radeon group has to understand if they only market to reddit then their marketing never gonna grow. In AMD subreddit people are speculating about Radeon because somebody tweets a thinking emoji or 'jebaited', this is not good.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, furiousTaher said:
ReBAR/SAM was marketed well. But Nvidia now does have reBAR. Nvidia only supports reBAR in latest 3000 series. Radeon needs focus on sustainability .Now older CPUs support reBAR, so if Nvidia doesn't support reBAR in older hardware, then that should be marketing focus for AMD.Do a propaganda about SAM being enabled in older hardware and gaining advantage in open world games like Assassins creed

But... it's not. It's Ryzen 3000 or 5000 and RX 6000 series only.

10 minutes ago, furiousTaher said:
Geforce has significant driver overhead now. Older CPUs like ddr3 haswell don't perform well with Nvidia cards for a while.
This is partially because ray tracing has a cpu overhead, faster ram and faster cpu with big cache is needed for ray tracing.
Radeon cards are bad at ray tracing, however they can use this as a good thing. Driver overhead is less than nvidia, so use this as 'better longevity' finewine propaganda. After all most steam users have skylake kabylake haswell i5 or ryzen 1600. These cpu are terrible nowadays with geforce drivers

AMD drivers are notoriously crap. AMD's great at hardware, but they can't seem to nail making good software. I'd take NVidia's GPU drivers over AMD's any day, even if it means worse performance, because NVidia drivers are rock solid. I'm currently running 472.12 with a GTX 690, GTX 650 Ti BOOST, and Quadro P620, one monitor on each, 0 problems whatsoever.

13 minutes ago, furiousTaher said:
Epic games is fighting platform monopoly. This is not directly connected to AMD, and AMD is actually a behemoth having both CPU and GPU divisions. But AMD can kinda promote openness trust. AMD is the one who promoted mantle, predecessor of Vulkan in battlefield 4 9 years ago. So AMD should market to Vulkan and Linux more
GPU vendors are kinda worried about Nvidia taking market from them with founder edition. AMD can promote itself as more sustainable because AMD cooperates with vendors better.
Nv also had some problems with hardware reviewers like HW unboxed and gamers nexus last year. So AMD needs to market it better with 'we are not a monopoly' slogan

NVidia is far more of a behemoth than AMD - NVidia's net worth is over 3 times as much as AMD's. No, GPU vendors are not worried about NVidia taking their market with the FE cards. Having other vendors sell NVidia cards makes them a lot more money because that's multiple revenue streams. They just have to provide the dies for the cards - ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, Zotac, whoever sells it does the rest.

16 minutes ago, furiousTaher said:
privacy and open source-
AMD is focusing on privacy but needs to market it even better. Apple and Steve Jobs and Tim Cook talks about privacy as human rights 24/7. AMD needs to talk about Nvidia data brokers more.

lmao wut. this makes no sense.

16 minutes ago, furiousTaher said:
Attack nvidia, I mean not physically, don't send Radeon Fixer, target Geforce experience telemetry. Claim that AMD does not track customers friendlist data or telemetry.

They most likely do so saying they don't is a stupid PR move.

16 minutes ago, furiousTaher said:
Linux is better for privacy and security and AMD already has open source driver for linux. Focus on that.

Most of their individual customers, like average joe next door building his first computer, don't use Linux.

So no that's not something they should focus on.

19 minutes ago, furiousTaher said:
AMD laptops should be upgradable. AMD has lots of pciE lanes, compared to intel. So why not sell DDR5 lappy with 1 nvme and 1 stick ram. Then, when the customer decides that he has more money, he can add other sticks of ram, add 2 more nvme m2. 'When you are spending more money you are actually saving money' 'sustainability' it just works

99% of their laptop customers will not care about this. As long as their laptop runs Word and a few lightweight games, it's fine. It's a large waste of money to please a very small subset of the computer market.

20 minutes ago, furiousTaher said:
Hacks, AMD PSP, spectre
The next great hacks like 'sony the interview hacks', 'wannacry ransomeware', 'spectre' or 'pegasus zero day glitches' are coming, and these hacks are not gonna be some amateur scriptkids phishing the medical workers, to force them to download malwares into hospital pc running freaking windows XP. Upcoming serious hacks/wars are gonna happen through Intel management interface or AMD PSP. Information warfare.
What is AMD doing regarding PSP? They need to be more clear about it. Can we turn it off, does turning it off risk system stability? AMD can stay top at the marketing if they do something about it, options to turn it off in ryzen or threadripper? Become more open about it, how does AMD PSP work in windows 11 tpm?
 
Spectre exploits hindered Intel's performance, Intel now recommends turning hyperthreading off in older pc. AMD can use this as marketing, saying yet there is no big exploit found in AMD, AMD's longevity is secured unlike competition.

Just because there's no exploit today, doesn't mean there's one tomorrow. Take iOS yesterday. Two bugs. A WebKit bug that allows arbitrary code execution, and a kernel bug that allows arbitrary code execution with kernel privileges. Did anyone know about these before the update was released, besides the people working on the patch, the researchers, and whoever else found it and is using it? No.

 

In security research, the past is not a direct model for the future.

23 minutes ago, furiousTaher said:
fuzedrive sensestorage- these days nvme storage is getting cheaper so fuzedrive is obsolete. However maybe it will gain some relevance with microsoft directstorage?
maybe try to combine it with upcoming DDR5 rams and reBAR. 'Intelligent StoreMI sends texture data from your storage to GPU memory faster, just combine your SSD with HDD!

Most people don't buy spinning drives anymore..? If you look at all the build recommendations, it's a 1TB boot SSD for most builds. If you're really on a budget 250GB boot SSD and 1-2TB HDD, but those aren't playing games where DirectStorage and SSD-accelerated hard drives will provide a meaningful perf boost. I run most of my games from my hard drives, I've noticed no slowdowns due to hard drive latency.

26 minutes ago, furiousTaher said:
so far AMD only marketed its products to reddit. AMD Radeon group has to understand if they only market to reddit then their marketing never gonna grow. In AMD subreddit people are speculating about Radeon because somebody tweets a thinking emoji or 'jebaited', this is not good.

De que q seis tão falani ai?

REFRESH BEFORE RESPOND, I EDITED MY POST

 

I play Minecraft on the r/Jailbreak server and own both Coral Plateau and New Kong City. I make note block music, currently working on Nightmare King Grimm.

 

PSA: Don't lie

 

I own a lot of iDevices.

iPad1,1 = iPad 1 (WiFi) = 64GB, iPhone OS 3.2.2

iPad2,5 = iPad mini 1 (Silver) = 6GB, iOS 8.4.1 + 10GB, 6.1.3

iPad4,5 = iPad mini 2 (Cellular) (Silver) = 16GB, iOS 12.5.5 (unlocked)

iPhone3,1 = iPhone 4 (GSM) (Black) = 16GB, iOS 5.1.1 (unlocked)

iPhone3,3 = iPhone 4 (CDMA) (Black) = 16GB, iOS 4.2.6 (locked to Verizon)

iPhone4,1 = iPhone 4S (Black) = 16GB, iOS 9.2.1 (unlocked)

iPhone5,3 = iPhone 5C (GSM) (Blue) = 32GB, iOS 10.4 (unlocked)

iPhone6,1 = iPhone 5S (GSM) (Silver) = 16GB, iOS 7.1.2 (unlocked)

iPhone6,1 = iPhone 5S (GSM) (Silver) = 16GB, iOS 11.0.1 (locked to TracFone)

iPhone7,2 = iPhone 6 (Silver) = 16GB, iOS 8.3 (blacklisted + locked to T-Mobile)

iPhone8,1 = iPhone 6S (Space Gray) N71AP = 16GB, iOS 15.0.2 (unlocked)

iPhone9,1 = iPhone 7 (Global) (Midnight Star) = 256GB, iOS 15.1 (unlocked)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

@ThracksRobert last visit was 2015. Good luck. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×