Please help, I need 2000 (monochrome and simple) images printed, split across 125 pages, 16 images per page. What is the quickest way to do this?

Slyceth
Go to solution Solved by An0maly_76,

@Slyceth

EDIT: I didn't connect the 'Wallet' remark with my Contact Page suggestion initially...  Since realizing that, I wonder if some of the parameters involved in that method might be altered to accomplish what you need, and I think I found a way to do it. I've increased the font size to help you find the text amongst the screenshots.

Just as you would for the other straightforward Windows batch image print options....

First, group all your images in one folder.

Select all the images desired to print.

Select the options shown in screenshot one, or whatever puts them in 2x2 (4 to a page) in landscape orientation.

image.thumb.png.ee56237240b15a79feab224fcadef721.png

Select Print To PDF, give it a file name, and let it do its thing.

Next, click on the PDF, which will usually load in your browser. I use Firefox. Printing a PDF from Firefox (and I imagine most other methods) will give you the option to print two pages per sheet with no margins in Portrait orientation, as shown below. It might leave some gaps between images, but I think that's the best quick and dirty you're going to get.

image.thumb.png.ef569c7e4bb89556a52ac21c57e73a17.png

They are 2000 different but exactly equally sized rectangle images, I'll be using a paper cutter so all pages need to have their 16 images in the same spot.

An example solution if I wanted 9 images per page would be selecting 9 images, right click -> print in Windows, then choosing the "Wallet" option which prints them on a 3x3 grid, 9 images per page. The problem with this is that there are gaps/margins between and around the images, and there is no 4x4 / 16 images per page option in Windows. I want no gaps inbetween as a priority, because paper cuttering that will be a nightmare.

I have Photoshop but all solutions online are very labor intensive and focused on differently-sized and positioned images, which I don't have need for.

Is there a simple program or feature I can use to print an entire folder like this? Thank you!!

@Slyceth

EDIT: I didn't connect the 'Wallet' remark with my Contact Page suggestion initially...  Since realizing that, I wonder if some of the parameters involved in that method might be altered to accomplish what you need, and I think I found a way to do it. I've increased the font size to help you find the text amongst the screenshots.

Just as you would for the other straightforward Windows batch image print options....

First, group all your images in one folder.

Select all the images desired to print.

Select the options shown in screenshot one, or whatever puts them in 2x2 (4 to a page) in landscape orientation.

image.thumb.png.ee56237240b15a79feab224fcadef721.png

Select Print To PDF, give it a file name, and let it do its thing.

Next, click on the PDF, which will usually load in your browser. I use Firefox. Printing a PDF from Firefox (and I imagine most other methods) will give you the option to print two pages per sheet with no margins in Portrait orientation, as shown below. It might leave some gaps between images, but I think that's the best quick and dirty you're going to get.

image.thumb.png.ef569c7e4bb89556a52ac21c57e73a17.png

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

If the contact sheet method doesn't work, there might be a somewhat hacky way where a tool like imagemagick is used to combine the images side-by-side to the exact dimensions of your choosing and then you print it at 100% scale for the best result. Downside is mostly that there doesn't seem to be a "works for everyone" option and it's all commandline stuff.

@SlycethI just realized my suggestion only gives you eight images per sheet. It appears you need sixteen per sheet. Eight per side of each sheet, double sided would work, but would require running the odd pages first, flipping them, then printing the even pages on the opposite side, which is quite cumbersome.

You can avoid this by printing the first PDF to a SECOND PDF at two pages per sheet, then print the SECOND PDF generated, that will give you sixteen per side of each sheet in the final print. It may still have some gaps, but as I said earlier, likely the best quick and dirty you'll get.

I also just realized you can print up to sixteen pages to a sheet this way, so even better, print the selected images to PDF at one image per full page, then print THAT PDF at 16 pages per sheet. I think that would be much easier, as shown.

image.thumb.png.ccdd42d576306b1f856e417669b3b6c3.png

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!