Can I take a top mounted AIO PC and lay it on its side?

soloredis420
Go to solution Solved by KingTdiGGiTTy,

It is relatively difficult to damage AIOs

it really doesn't matter what orientation you put them in, there's a "best practice" but it's nearly negligible.

so unless you lay your PC on it's  side with a hammer, everything should be fine.

I made a custom entertainment center with exhaust ect and wondering if I lay my PC on its side if that will damage the water cooler. Its a Corsair elite 240mm and is top mounted. Case is a 4000d by corsair. 

it really doesn't matter what orientation you put them in, there's a "best practice" but it's nearly negligible.

so unless you lay your PC on it's  side with a hammer, everything should be fine.

The whole gamersnexus thing about this aio layout debacle is heavily misconstrued by people who didn’t watch the whole video.

The highest point in a loop shouldn’t be the pump, that’s the big thing, because any air in the pump is bad, air will always rise to the top of a loop.

On it’s side the radiator will still have the highest point of the loop, it’s fine.

The only times this is an issue are scenarios like a bottom mounted radiator, or having a radiator mounted on the bottom point of a front panel where the pump is above the hoses and rad.

6 hours ago, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

To be fair, "nearly negligible" is stretching it far. Improper installation still leads to lower life spans and noise, that's a fact. Even if it is not the biggest deal, it's so easy to just position it properly in most cases so I still heavily encourage positioning it in the proper manner. 

On 8/20/2022 at 12:00 AM, 8tg said:

The whole gamersnexus thing about this aio layout debacle is heavily misconstrued by people who didn’t watch the whole video.

The highest point in a loop shouldn’t be the pump, that’s the big thing, because any air in the pump is bad, air will always rise to the top of a loop.

On it’s side the radiator will still have the highest point of the loop, it’s fine.

The only times this is an issue are scenarios like a bottom mounted radiator, or having a radiator mounted on the bottom point of a front panel where the pump is above the hoses and rad.

Its not really negligable as Ive seen my fair share of within 2 years dead aio's due to wrong install.

As long as the pump inst the lowest part of the loop all is good