Opinions On GPU Upgrade

Dr JJ

Since the shortage ended I have been looking to buy a new gpu from my old (gtx 1660) and I am between the rtx 2060 12 gb which is 326 euros and rx 6600 xt.which is 400 euros. I mostly play singleplayer titles with some esports titles here and there. I want to run these games on 1440p ultra/high but i'm willing to go down to 1080p for some really hard games to run. 

In terms of raw performance, the RX 6600 XT has a significant lead. It's more along the lines of an RTX 3060 TI in terms of performance. The RTX 2060 may disappoint, given your performance goals in modern titles

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

you're better off with the amd xt gpu, while nvidia rtx dlss and nvenc is a bonus, the xt leads the performance race here against it.

• CPU
    I7 12700KF
  • Motherboard
    MSI Tomahawk z690 WIFI DDR4
  • RAM
    16gb Vengeance Pro
  • GPU
    RTX 3070 TI
  • Case
    NZXT H700i
  • Storage
    crucial P2 500gb m.2
    Raid 0 16tb server
  • PSU
    Corsair RM1000X
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PG259QN 360hz
    ASUS PG278QE 165hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT KRAKEN X62
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K95P Brown
    Ducky one 2 SF Silver
  • Mouse
    Razer Viper Ultimate
    logitech pro superlight x
  • Sound
    DT 990 PRO

12 minutes ago, Dr JJ said:

Since the shortage ended I have been looking to buy a new gpu from my old (gtx 1660) and I am between the rtx 2060 12 gb which is 326 euros and rx 6600 xt.which is 400 euros. I mostly play singleplayer titles with some esports titles here and there. I want to run these games on 1440p ultra/high but i'm willing to go down to 1080p for some really hard games to run. 

I would go with the 6600XT hands down. The 2060 is barely even an upgrade from the 1660, certainly not worth the money.

6600 XT easily. It's a lot faster, even in ray tracing, while using significantly less power. The performance difference is especially noticeable at 1440p. If you have a recent CPU that performance difference will be even bigger with SAM.

You're not super far behind on performance. 

Your card is not super old. 

Wait longer or buy something more powerful. 

Why are these the two GPUs you're considering? There are many other options in the price range that make much more sense than the 2060 12GB. Is 12GB something you need for a specific task? For 400 euros I'd go hunting for a good used 2080 Super