1070ti core clocks stuck at ~1151 MHz

Deuxez
Go to solution Solved by Deuxez,
39 minutes ago, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

A good ol' DDU should fix it

Damn, well it seems like it still doesnt want to work..

After i uninstalled the drivers it hopped up to ~1650MHz for a sec so i thought it was working again, however after i installed the new Nvidia drivers its once again stuck at ~1164MHz?

Seems like Afterburner doesnt like my GPU anymore..

EDIT: i accidently closed afterburner completely when i tried to start a game and the clocks all jumped back to normal! However i opened afterburner again they all dropped down to ~1164MHz. Seems like afterburner is my enemy here. I never really had a major overclock on my card to begin with so i think ill just unistall it and run the card at stock speeds.

EDIT 2: well i found a bit more info. Seems like my saved preset(1) in afterburner somehow was fucked. Reverting to stock settings, applying the overclock and then saving it to a new preset(2) fixed the issue, now the card boosts as it should.

So I've been running this card with a +125MHz overclock on the core and then +500 on the memory, and its been working great for the past 2 months. However now it wont go over 1151 MHz while gaming? All i did was uninstall afterburner, installed Precision X1 (just for fun), then uninstalled precision X1 (it sucked), installed afterburner once again and now the core clock is stuck. I CAN apply an mild overclock to the card for it to go a bit further. Applying like ~+400MHz on the clock now means that it runs at 1551 MHz, however anything over that just crashes. What could've happened?

I've already tried to reinstall afterburner and I also made sure to check for files left from Precision X1 but nothing has helped so far. Power is set to normal in afterburner but it still only uses like 70-100w compared to ~130w it uses normally. Theres no way it broke from THAT! Im going to try a classic DDU..

9 minutes ago, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

yeah after a DDU core clocks are back as normal

39 minutes ago, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

Damn, well it seems like it still doesnt want to work..

After i uninstalled the drivers it hopped up to ~1650MHz for a sec so i thought it was working again, however after i installed the new Nvidia drivers its once again stuck at ~1164MHz?

Seems like Afterburner doesnt like my GPU anymore..

EDIT: i accidently closed afterburner completely when i tried to start a game and the clocks all jumped back to normal! However i opened afterburner again they all dropped down to ~1164MHz. Seems like afterburner is my enemy here. I never really had a major overclock on my card to begin with so i think ill just unistall it and run the card at stock speeds.

EDIT 2: well i found a bit more info. Seems like my saved preset(1) in afterburner somehow was fucked. Reverting to stock settings, applying the overclock and then saving it to a new preset(2) fixed the issue, now the card boosts as it should.