Android: keeping audio from going to sleep when in use?

Harry Voyager

So, just realized I can download lectures of Wondrium for listening to on the road. Catch is, when I'm listening to it in audio mode, the phone puts it to sleep after about 5-10 minutes. Not ideal on the freeway... 

I know YouTube and music apps will just keep the audio going while the phone is locked and screen off. I'm wondering if there is a setting that allows this for other apps too? 

Thank you, 

Harry Voyager

On 8/19/2022 at 6:50 PM, Harry Voyager said:

So, just realized I can download lectures of Wondrium for listening to on the road. Catch is, when I'm listening to it in audio mode, the phone puts it to sleep after about 5-10 minutes. Not ideal on the freeway... 

I know YouTube and music apps will just keep the audio going while the phone is locked and screen off. I'm wondering if there is a setting that allows this for other apps too? 

Thank you, 

Harry Voyager

Hey Harry, I'm new here so I might be wrong. But I still want to help. 🙂 As far as I know it's different in every app. But what you can do is change in the display settings the time it takes before the screen goes to sleep. So you're screen won't be locked. Not that great for your battery % or burn in. But it might be better then nothing.

On 8/19/2022 at 11:50 AM, Harry Voyager said:

I'm wondering if there is a setting that allows this for other apps too?

Which version of Android?

Check your background usage limits. Place the audio app in the ‘never sleeping’ category.