How to get condensation out of pixel 5 camera lens

henro1232

Hi,

I have a google pixel 5 and yesterday I accidentally dropped it in water. It was completely fine except the camera lenses now have condensation in and take very blurry photos.

Are there any ways to get this out?

i5 8600k / NZXT Kraken x62 / Rog STRIX RTX 2070 / 16gb DDR4 3000 / Asus TUF Z370 Plus II motherboard / 2tb NVME SSD / NZXT e650 psu / NZXT H500 case

bag of rice which everyone will have in their cupboard or if you can lay your hands on some stick it in a sealed container with some silica gel pouches hopefully draw the moisture our, might take a few days though. you might not get it back to 100% so something to be aware of, alternatively sit it somewhere warm in direct sunlight and let nature take its course .

Getting the condensation out quickly and thoroughly requires disassembly. Either this, or wait and hope. 

Probably a less than ideal answer, but that is what it will take. Desiccants (such as rice) are no more effective than dry air, unless the device is apart, in which case, you wouldn’t need desiccants anyway. .  

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…