Rx 570 4gb or rx 580 8gb?

Giant_Hunger

Ok so i recently bought a used rx 570 4gb for $73, and now i kinda want to get the rx 580 8gb. Luckily the company that i bought this gpu have a 3 day return policy. Should i return the rx 570 and spend an extra $26 for the rx 580 8gb($98) or not?

Is the rx 580 8gb worth it and future proof? 

Btw all of these cards are used but the company that i bought this gpu from have a 3 day return and 3 months of warranty.

Yes, it's worth the extra 26 bucks , as long as the rx 580 is regular desktop version, not some kind of mining only version (make sure it has at least 2 video outputs)

That 8 GB vram will help, and you would get probably around 5-10% boost in most games. Can be different for a 60 fps 1080p medium-high settings in most current games.

8 minutes ago, Giant_Hunger said:

s the rx 580 8gb worth it and future proof? 

Worth it? Yes

Future proof? No. 

The RX 580 8GB is a faster card than the 570, and that extra 4GB of VRAM is definitely starting to be used in more modern games, but at the same time it's still a 5 year old GPU at this point. It's old and about as slow a card as i'd be willing to recommend for gaming. It won't last you super long before you really should be looking for an upgrade if you want to play modern AAA games. 

19 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Worth it? Yes

Future proof? No. 

The RX 580 8GB is a faster card than the 570, and that extra 4GB of VRAM is definitely starting to be used in more modern games, but at the same time it's still a 5 year old GPU at this point. It's old and about as slow a card as i'd be willing to recommend for gaming. It won't last you super long before you really should be looking for an upgrade if you want to play modern AAA games. 

At first i was thinking about buying the rtx 2060, but then again the only games i play is fortnite and gta5, not to mention im using a 1080p 60-75hz monitor. So no need to buy a more powerful gpu.

On 8/19/2022 at 10:22 AM, Giant_Hunger said:

At first i was thinking about buying the rtx 2060, but then again the only games i play is fortnite and gta5, not to mention im using a 1080p 60-75hz monitor. So no need to buy a more powerful gpu.

while the 580 is the better buy more so for the extra vram,  you dont really need 8gb vram for those 2 games.   2gb can be enough, so 4gb should be plenty.  only get more if you plan on playing other games and more demanding ones at that.