I'm building my first pc.

Loyal Cantu

Budget (including currency): 2000 USD(only including PC and monitor)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mostly just games, pretty much all types.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): The only part i'm dead set on right now is the 4000x from corsair.I'm looking to buy around six months from now, although if I need to buy something that is on a big sale I can.I also do not have any preference on refresh rate but I would at least try to get 1440p resolution.

Come back when you’re ready to buy.  Prices on components fluctuate daily so a parts list now would be silly.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

5 minutes ago, Loyal Cantu said:

looking to buy around six months from now, although if I need to buy something that is on a big sale I can.I also do not have any preference on refresh rate but I would at least try to get 1440p resolution.

If you're looking to buy 6 months from now, most suggested lists would be completely obsolete with the new myriad of tech releases coming soon, so I'd probably post again then 

1 hour ago, Ryuikko said:

If you're looking to buy 6 months from now, most suggested lists would be completely obsolete with the new myriad of tech releases coming soon, so I'd probably post again then 

I agree with Ryuikko here. Tech always has been an evolving industry, but at the moment especially there is a lot going on. It hasn't been long since DDR5 RAM came out and there is a new generation of Nvidia Graphics cards coming out soon (I don't really know anything about AMD but I tend to assume if Nvidia is doing something then AMD won't be far behind and vice versa). At the moment you shouldn't look too much at specific parts but rather whether you want to go AMD or Intel for CPU, and AMD or Nvidia for Graphics card, things like that. Try to keep an eye out on what's new over the coming months and as you get closer start looking at specifics.

3 hours ago, Loyal Cantu said:

I'm looking to buy around six months from now

Then come back in 6 months. A whole new generation of hardware will come out by then with stock and pricing being completely different. This isn't like most other industries where you set out to save for a car and 2 years later the car is still at the same price while staying relevant.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker