Jump to content

Intermittent micro freezing while playing heavy games and watch movies at the same time.

 Share

Go to solution Solved by Dukesilver27-,

Update:

Just in case someone looking for the same issue and stumbled on to this thread.

Issue was caused unstable AMD GPU driver, I updated the drivers for the Spider-man Remastered game readiness, but it made my PC stutters if a media is played (like VLC/youtube) and gaming at the same time, also alt-tabbing.

Rolling back to the last WHQL driver solved this issue.  

 

Marked this as solution to pin this post to the top.

Hi, I'm not sure if the terms used above is correct, basically the system freezes for a very short duration maybe a second or less, and any sound that is playing just sounds like "bzzzz" or something like that. To be clear, I have 2 displays, 1 running a rather heavy game such as Marvel's Spider-man or Forza Horizon 5, the other playing a movie.

The game is running from my SSD and the movie is running from the hard drive, I noticed that these micro freezes only happen when I play movies on my other display.

CPU usage never at 100%, 90% ish at most while playing Marvel's Spider-man with RT on.

 

Please confirm my suspicion, is the micro freezes caused the HDD dying?

Just defragmented the drive with windows built in function, haven't tried anything yet, so no idea if the issue is resolved.

Tried the HDD sentinel, it says caution, the HDD itself is like less than a year old.

Crystal disk info is around 85%, orange.

 

Full rig spec listed on my signature.

Not an expert, just bored at work. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply.

CPU: Intel i5-12400 | GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC | Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI | RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: Team MP33 1TB | PSU: MSI MPG A850GF | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A |  Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB | OS: Windows 11 Pro | Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FpC7yK
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Dukesilver27- said:

Hi, I'm not sure if the terms used above is correct, basically the system freezes for a very short duration maybe a second or less, and any sound that is playing just sounds like "bzzzz" or something like that. To be clear, I have 2 displays, 1 running a rather heavy game such as Marvel's Spider-man or Forza Horizon 5, the other playing a movie.

The game is running from my SSD and the movie is running from the hard drive, I noticed that these micro freezes only happen when I play movies on my other display.

CPU usage never at 100%, 90% ish at most while playing Marvel's Spider-man with RT on.

 

Please confirm my suspicion, is the micro freezes caused the HDD dying?

Just defragmented the drive with windows built in function, haven't tried anything yet, so no idea if the issue is resolved.

Tried the HDD sentinel, it says caution, the HDD itself is like less than a year old.

Crystal disk info is around 85%, orange.

 

Full rig spec listed on my signature.

Could be a memory issue.  Need system specs to check that one.  There are a bunch of pinned posts at the top of the troubleshooting section that describe what is needed and how to fix some common problems.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Could be a memory issue.  Need system specs to check that one.  There are a bunch of pinned posts at the top of the troubleshooting section that describe what is needed and how to fix some common problems.

Ah okay, I'll do full system check. Thanks for the tip on the pinned posts.

Not an expert, just bored at work. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply.

CPU: Intel i5-12400 | GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC | Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI | RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: Team MP33 1TB | PSU: MSI MPG A850GF | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A |  Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB | OS: Windows 11 Pro | Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FpC7yK
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Dukesilver27- said:

Ah okay, I'll do full system check. Thanks for the tip on the pinned posts.

By that I mean possibly not enough.  The check would be how often are you going to page file(swap).  Also how much memory you have to start with

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Update:

Just in case someone looking for the same issue and stumbled on to this thread.

Issue was caused unstable AMD GPU driver, I updated the drivers for the Spider-man Remastered game readiness, but it made my PC stutters if a media is played (like VLC/youtube) and gaming at the same time, also alt-tabbing.

Rolling back to the last WHQL driver solved this issue.  

 

Marked this as solution to pin this post to the top.

Not an expert, just bored at work. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply.

CPU: Intel i5-12400 | GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC | Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI | RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: Team MP33 1TB | PSU: MSI MPG A850GF | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A |  Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB | OS: Windows 11 Pro | Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FpC7yK
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×