Need help getting started with new pc

I am going to be putting all the parts together but I need help.

How can I get windows 10 pro key for cheap ?

How can I optimize the settings for gaming and streaming ?

What programs should I install to be updated and just for making windows better.

Thank you.

What's your planned build?

Afaik cheap keys can be bought from vip scdkeys

If you get the igpu in your cpu, you can use that encoder and should be better than nvidias and amds

We probably can't link you to any of the cheap Windows key sellers because they fall into a legal gray area and forum rules forbid telling people how to acquire software by legally dubious means. They aren't hard to find with minimal effort. Some of them sponsor a lot of PC enthusiast YouTubers.

Optimizing settings for gaming isn't really a thing; half the time when people set out to do this they follow some half-assed "Debloat Windows more fps and lower ping guaranteed trust me bro" guide on YouTube and end up breaking something. Optimizing for streaming depends on too many variables to give a pat answer.

Not sure what you mean about "programs to be updated." 

Your "PC master race" thing is cringe. 

4 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

What's your planned build?

Afaik cheap keys can be bought from vip scdkeys

If you get the igpu in your cpu, you can use that encoder and should be better than nvidias and amds

So i have the 12600k with 3080 10g, 32gb 3600 ram.

I am going to be gaming in 1440p 165hz and want to stream and record (obs and other ways)

Wym about the igpu? since i have a gpu i dont need that no? if wrong please correct em 

2 minutes ago, Middcore said:

We probably can't link you to any of the cheap Windows key sellers because they fall into a legal gray area. They aren't hard to find with minimal effort. Some of them sponsor a lot of PC enthusiast YouTubers.

Optimizing settings for gaming isn't really a thing; half the time when people set out to do this they follow some half-assed "Debloat Windows more fps and lower ping guaranteed trust me bro" guide on YouTube and end up breaking something. Optimizing for streaming depends on too many variables to give a pat answer.

Not sure what you mean about "programs to be updated." 

Like drivers and to make sure my pc stays up to date, before I used driver booster and driver easy and ccleaner driver updater to see what programs were out of date and like 40 popped up that widows update didnt even show.

Just now, CrossYT said:

before I used driver booster and driver easy and ccleaner driver updater to see what programs 

All of these "driver optimizer" utilities exist in a Dunning-Kreuger liminal space targeted at people who think they are astute about PC's because they know such things as "drivers" exist but who don't actually know enough about PC's to see these utilities are pointless. 

Your "PC master race" thing is cringe. 

7 minutes ago, CrossYT said:

So i have the 12600k with 3080 10g, 32gb 3600 ram

Could you link the whole list, budget country?

7 minutes ago, CrossYT said:

Wym about the igpu? since i have a gpu i dont need that no? if wrong please correct em 

Igpus are useful for intels quicksync which does a better job at video encoding then envidias envec encoder and amds amf

20 minutes ago, Middcore said:

All of these "driver optimizer" utilities exist in a Dunning-Kreuger liminal space targeted at people who think they are astute about PC's because they know such things as "drivers" exist but who don't actually know enough about PC's to see these utilities are pointless. 

So no point in even installing any of these ? even when windows update doesnt show any of these updates? some where like from 2012 on a fresh windows install with a fresh image creator to install windows 

15 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

Igpus are useful for intels quicksync which does a better job at video encoding then envidias envec encoder and amds amf

Ok so what should I do then ? what do i enable what program do i install to allow that or how do i enable it then ? and the parts list is https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKHLpH

49 minutes ago, Middcore said:

We probably can't link you to any of the cheap Windows key sellers because they fall into a legal gray area and forum rules forbid telling people how to acquire software by legally dubious means. They aren't hard to find with minimal effort. Some of them sponsor a lot of PC enthusiast YouTubers.

most of em just sell surplus OEM keys, the upside being that it’s legal and the downside being that the key can only be used once and you have to get another if you switch mobos. Tomshardware did a pretty good article on it iirc

18 minutes ago, CrossYT said:

Ok so what should I do then ? what do i enable what program do i install to allow that or how do i enable it then ? and the parts list

If you open obs and click settings > encoding > and click quick sync, it should be enabled then.

As for your list, I would probably remove the 500gb drive since there isn't much of a reason for it, and change your gpu to a 12gb version like This for more perfromance. Do you already have a case?

4 hours ago, Ryuikko said:

If you open obs and click settings > encoding > and click quick sync, it should be enabled then.

As for your list, I would probably remove the 500gb drive since there isn't much of a reason for it, and change your gpu to a 12gb version like This for more perfromance. Do you already have a case?

theres a cheaper one rn that doesnt need a rebate right now here

7 minutes ago, rustable said:

Tried to stick with the general rgb theme with the added bonus of having a better cooling solution. It's up to op to choose what they want though 

25 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

Already bought everything waiting on the cooler as for the 500gb I was told to have a boot for my os and main programs and a mass drive for games and everything else “to keep windows smoothly” I’ve had it for like a month so past return period lol

4 hours ago, Ryuikko said:

Tried to stick with the general rgb theme with the added bonus of having a better cooling solution. It's up to op to choose what they want though 

makes sense

Just now, rustable said:

makes sense

2 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

Good thing is I bought my gpu like a week ago so I have 3 weeks left to return it incase evga or the 12gb version come down to 750 before tax like my 10gb version was priced at 

1 hour ago, Ryuikko said:

I am not sure this is the case anymore. I believe nvenc has come a long way and is actually almost identical to even cpu encoding in quality. I know a ton of streamers that use nvenc and it looks super nice. Also tbh nobody is going to care all that much as again they are all so good at this point that you would be hard pressed to have someone notice the difference. 

9 hours ago, CrossYT said:

So no point in even installing any of these ? even when windows update doesnt show any of these updates? some where like from 2012 on a fresh windows install with a fresh image creator to install windows 

Honestly, windows will keep you as up-to-date as needed for most devices and some drivers come with programs that let you know when they need updating. Anything else you really only need to go out of your way to update when things aren't working properly. 

That's not to say these programs are useless, just not needed for most people most of the time. I've really only ever used them when I don't have any disks with the required drivers or such and windows won't even recognize the device to find the driver. So I download one of these programs, just grab the missing drivers and uninstall it and let windows do the rest.

9 hours ago, rustable said:

Don't get the 2 slot cooler design for a 3080. Not up to scratch and only for people who are limited to a 2 slot size, like me. I've been looking at it and not sold yet. It'll run the hottest, loudest and if heat isn't addressed the slowest due to throttling. Save yourself potential headaches and get a normal shroud not one designed for a card 2 generation ago.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 2700X - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3200MHz 16GB Dominator Platinum - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 4TB HDD - XFX 5600XT - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - AOC E2460SH 24.0 Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - HyperX Cloud - Mackie CR5X's

5 hours ago, venomtail said:

Don't get the 2 slot cooler design for a 3080. Not up to scratch and only for people who are limited to a 2 slot size, like me. I've been looking at it and not sold yet. It'll run the hottest, loudest and if heat isn't addressed the slowest due to throttling. Save yourself potential headaches and get a normal shroud not one designed for a card 2 generation ago.

im not entirely sure what that means but isnt there 3 fans?

8 minutes ago, rustable said:

im not entirely sure what that means but isnt there 3 fans?

I'm not talking about the length of the card nor how many fans it has, I'm talking about how thick it is. This is also a factor for cooling performance not just how long it is or how many fans it has.

Making a card thicker is another form of expanding surface area and mass, first to allow the material to hold more temperature for longer and an increased surface area where material surface temperature heat can be converted and taken away.

See for yourself how different thicknesses simply let you add more chunk to your cooling capacity. In general the bigger the cooler.

GTX-1650-Super-Graphics-Card-Size.jpg

Desktop: Ryzen 7 2700X - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3200MHz 16GB Dominator Platinum - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 4TB HDD - XFX 5600XT - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - AOC E2460SH 24.0 Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - HyperX Cloud - Mackie CR5X's

58 minutes ago, venomtail said:

See for yourself how different thicknesses simply let you add more chunk to your cooling capacity. In general the bigger the cooler.

me chilling here with a 4.3 slot GPU 💀