Best Budget 2.1 Computer Speaker Options?

Hell everyone!

QUICK DISCLAIMER: I'd previously stated 8 days ago I needed help looking for 2.0 speakers for my computer, but way overshot how much I'd need to spend on just that. Apparently, I CAN afford a 2.1 system. So now I seek help for opinions on 2.1 computer speaker systems. Because... why not? Alot of the text will appear similar between the posts, because I have the same questions / expectations for a 2.1 verses 2.0 system.

I'm in the USA, and the price of my computer when it was new was roughly $3,300.00

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/D2Dj4s

I'd like Computer speakers, as I have none. Preferably White, if not then black.

I'd like not to spend more than $375.00, and my absolute maximum for a 2.1 is no more than $500.00..... But Ideally, I'd like to keep it between $175.00 - $375.00

I know nothing about computers and how to plug in speakers to a computer, nor do I know anything about sources, cables, etc. 2.1 vs 2.0 vs 5.1 blah blah. I'd prefer not to have to "wire" inputs or outputs, surely there's just cables I plug in and out? LOL.

I could care less about Bluetooth, quality within my budget is all I care about. I have a THICCCCCC carpeted flooring, so that's where the sub is going...

Any suggestions would be useful. 

To summarize:

Color: prefer white, will settle for black. Anything else is "fine" if everything else about them is pretty good.

Type: Left and Right speaker, fuck Bluetooth if it gets me a better deal on quality and price. (build quality per price point ratio). 

Budget:       Absolute max = $500.00 (for the love of god I hope it doesn't need to be that close).

Preferred High = $375.00

Preferred Range = $175 - $375

Floor: THICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC Carpet flooring... if there was a SUB that's where it's go. I assume that's important.

What I Care About In "Quality": I care that the left and right speakers sound pretty damn great, I'm not going to blast my SUB, it's going to be used infrequently depending on the game and honestly, I'll likely turn it down if the sound quality isn't hurt too badly. but they should not have known production or long-term quality issues. I care about good build quality... I plan to run these speakers for l like 7 years or more.

LONG STORY SHORT FOR THE SUB: I care about the sound quality, not about shaking the desk when it thuds or whatever. I just want a distant grenade to sound realistic. If I don't need a dub for that, feel free to call me a dufus.

26 minutes ago, Spainz said:

I care about the sound quality,

then don't buy computer speakers , get a normal receiver and some studio monitors to plug into it. I like yamaha and alesis but others will recommend their favorite brands.

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

then don't buy computer speakers , get a normal receiver and some studio monitors to plug into it. I like yamaha and alesis but others will recommend their favorite brands.

What's a normal receiver?

I know it's not exactly either color, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Altec Lansing speakers. Although they are a lot older than some other modern stuff, they tend to just look "retro" not old. As far as sound quality goes, I run a pair of ADA 880's from the very late 90's, they come with an 8" sub that is more than capable of shaking your house, and they sound phenomenal. I'd definitely recommend those personally, they are usually on eBay for between $100 and $150 plus shipping. As far as durability, I've literally never had a problem, and they are over 20 years old!

If you'd like a newer system, my other recommendation would probably go to Logitech's Z623's. I've also had a set of those kicking around for going on 6 or 7 years now, they also sound great (a little less detail than the Altec Lansing's, but I'm a musician, so I might just be over analyzing), and they go for around $170 new. https://www.logitech.com/en-us/products/speakers/z623-speaker-system-thx.980-000402.html

No matter what you decide to go with, (even if it's not one of mine lol) I wish you the best of luck, and always read reviews, they'll tell you everything you need to know!

(Both sets of speakers run off of just one aux cable, plus external wall power.)

Edit: If ADA880's don't show up, try ADA885's, basically the same speakers but with a different interface, and honestly slightly better sound quality (also available in black).

Edited by StepInTime
Added a bit of extra info