PC keeps randomly turning off monitors and then turning fan speeds to max.

SandmanSoggs
Go to solution Solved by SandmanSoggs,

@emosun @GuiltySpark_Thanks for the help. It looks like the cable which gives the GPU power from the PSU wasn't working properly. I tried removing the power cable whilst the PC was running and it did the exact same thing. I've moved the PSU to GPU cable round to a different one and now it works fine like it did before.

Hello,

My PC has suddenly started doing this thing where it it will all of a sudden turn the fan speed on everything to max, turn off my monitors and then not allow me to shut it off. The only thing which still works is my audio and RGB on everything (case and keyboard/mouse). Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix this?

Specs: i7-2700K, Zotac 1660S, 16GB DDR3 Ram, 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 650W Thermaltake PSU and about 6 RGB case fans.

When does this happen? Sitting at the desktop doing nothing or under load/stress? 

ok that would be called a crash. specifically a firmware crash if the fans are speed controlled by the bios.

chances are if you slapped a 1660 into a decade old board then that would probably explain why the firmware/software/os don't exactly want to be stable anymore. With nobody checking for compatibility issues on a board that old eventually some sort of update is gonna break it.

12 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

When does this happen? Sitting at the desktop doing nothing or under load/stress? 

Both but can sometimes happen more when I’m playing a game.

@emosun @GuiltySpark_Thanks for the help. It looks like the cable which gives the GPU power from the PSU wasn't working properly. I tried removing the power cable whilst the PC was running and it did the exact same thing. I've moved the PSU to GPU cable round to a different one and now it works fine like it did before.