6600 XT for dedicated stream pc?

Budget (including currency): 500 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have a 6600XT just laying around i was going to pair with a i5 12400 for streaming, I am aiming for 1080 @ 60fps. If possible, i game and stream at the moment with a 3070/i9 9900 @240fps on fortnite. if i stream it drops to 160-180 or so and fluctuates with the stream @ 1080 60fps 2500 bitrate. Wanting the dedicated pc to take the strain recording/streaming at the same time, would the specs i stated above for the dedicated pc be enough? im more worried about the 6600xt not being enough for a strong smooth stream. My other option would to be wait for intel 13th gen to come out and grab a i7 13700K paired with my 3070 i believe would run smooth.... Thanks in advance!

I would just use the iGPU in the 12400. Currently Quicksync is better than both AMF and Nvenc.

PSU Tier List | SSD Tier List | GPU Hierarchy

Mark my answer as solution if it answered your question :). Quote or tag me so I get notified of your reply.

My PC: 

CPU: i5-10400F | GPU: Powercolor RX 6600 Fighter 8gb | SSD: Crucial MX500 500gb | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2tb | PSU: Corsair RM650x (2018) | Motherboard: ASRock B460M Pro4 | Case: Antec DP301M

My peripherals:

Monitor: AOC C24G2U & Samsung SR35 | Headset: Steelseries Arctis 3 | Keyboard: Drevo Seer Max (Gateron Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G703 | Mousepad: Steelseries QCK Edge XL

The 12400 igpu could do your stream flawlessly.  IMO if you have a laptop just use that for your stream and sell the 6600xt while its still a wanted GPU.

Also, what is the refresh rate on your minotar?  If its lest than 200 what’s the big deal?

The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called "Sneed's Feed & Seed", where feed and seed both end in the sound "-eed", thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was "Formerly Chuck's", implying that the two words beginning with "F" and "S" would have ended with "-uck", rhyming with "Chuck". So, when Chuck owned the shop, it would have been called "Chuck's Feeduck and Seeduck".

41 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

The 12400 igpu could do your stream flawlessly.  IMO if you have a laptop just use that for your stream and sell the 6600xt while its still a wanted GPU.

Also, what is the refresh rate on your minotar?  If its lest than 200 what’s the big deal?

I have a 240hz monitor, I guess i just wanted the lowest latency possible "it makes me a better gamer" 🙃😂  hahaha all jokes aside, i just enjoy the full imersion clean, clear, smooth imaging and i play basically everynight so to me its worth it. i do have a laptop no gpu just i5 10th gen in it with igpu. Maybe i will do that, guess i gotta make my mind up eventually. thanks for the reply.

2 hours ago, Burvick said:

Budget (including currency): 500 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have a 6600XT just laying around i was going to pair with a i5 12400 for streaming, I am aiming for 1080 @ 60fps. If possible, i game and stream at the moment with a 3070/i9 9900 @240fps on fortnite. if i stream it drops to 160-180 or so and fluctuates with the stream @ 1080 60fps 2500 bitrate. Wanting the dedicated pc to take the strain recording/streaming at the same time, would the specs i stated above for the dedicated pc be enough? im more worried about the 6600xt not being enough for a strong smooth stream. My other option would to be wait for intel 13th gen to come out and grab a i7 13700K paired with my 3070 i believe would run smooth.... Thanks in advance!

IIRC the 12400/12400f is actually slightly faster than the i9 9900. I would get a 12700 non K and use it as the main CPU, and relegate the 9900 to your streaming rig.

I have a 240hz monitor, I guess i just wanted the lowest latency possible "it makes me a better gamer" 🙃😂  hahaha all jokes aside, i just enjoy the full imersion clean, clear, smooth imaging and i play basically everynight so to me its worth it. i do have a laptop no gpu just i5 10th gen in it with igpu. Maybe i will do that, guess i gotta make my mind up eventually. thanks for the reply.

That's what streamers have done for ages.  The stream doesn't need much power, but the reason you see a performance dip is that it wants just enough to take away from your ultra high framerate.  The laptop 10th gen w/ igpu will run it flawlessly.  Laptops are also nice for streaming because they don't take up much space so you can have it on hand and move it around as you please, and you have a built in display for monitoring the stream.  Plus, then all of your footage is there on your laptop, so if you wanna do anything with it while you're out, it a lot easier than moving it back and forth on a cloud storage or portable media device.

Otherwise, the 9900/3070 combo is still a bomb gaming setup, and should be for quite some time.

The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called "Sneed's Feed & Seed", where feed and seed both end in the sound "-eed", thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was "Formerly Chuck's", implying that the two words beginning with "F" and "S" would have ended with "-uck", rhyming with "Chuck". So, when Chuck owned the shop, it would have been called "Chuck's Feeduck and Seeduck".

1 hour ago, NF-A12x25 said:

IIRC the 12400/12400f is actually slightly faster than the i9 9900. I would get a 12700 non K and use it as the main CPU, and relegate the 9900 to your streaming rig.

I just feel if the 13th gen is coming right away I should wait no? lots of good speculation and leaks that I've seen (optimizations from last 12th generation). The biggest pain in the a** right now is, when I setup my initial streaming rig I didn't look into mics enough and I got a usb mic (blue yeti nano) and not a coax/rca mic so the issue is getting mic audio from one pc to the other 😬

I just feel if the 13th gen is coming right away I should wait no?

You def could, if you feel like you could wait a bit