Pls i need help... Warzone/ OBS Issue

Mar1kax

Hello - hope this kind of post is allowed, im just looking for some advice!

I am trying to stream (from OBS) and play warzone. I currently have 2 monitors plugged into my PC, one for gaming one for reading chat etc.

So when im not streaming Warzone runs absolutely fine, no hiccups, the occasional lag spike but that happens to everyone, the minute i try to stream it - or sometimes even open OBS my FPS tanks and the game is not only unwatchable but also unplayable. I have tried turning all my quality settings to low, disabling effects which are unnecessary on warzone but i am still encountering the same issue!! I am really stuck now as to what to do or if i am even able to stream warzone and play at the same time... i hope so. One other question i had was warzone is saved to my SSD which still has 380+GB of space, would it be better stored on my HDD??

Thank you in advance, i have detailed my PC specs below.
- CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
- RAM: 32GB Corsair
- Graphics Card: 12GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3060
- 1TB HHD SEAGATE BARRACUDA
- 1TB SSD

2 hours ago, Mar1kax said:

would it be better stored on my HDD??

No. I highly doubt even you recording would cause this kind of issue. You are using NVENC? Have you tried using x264 instead? Also, have you checked your hardware usage to note whether something is spiking that should not be (GPU should be 80%+ for normal operation). Furthermore, has this happened always, from day1 of you streaming this particular game, or has it started recently, like after driver or Windows update (also, win10 or 11)?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

No. I highly doubt even you recording would cause this kind of issue. You are using NVENC? Have you tried using x264 instead? Also, have you checked your hardware usage to note whether something is spiking that should not be (GPU should be 80%+ for normal operation). Furthermore, has this happened always, from day1 of you streaming this particular game, or has it started recently, like after driver or Windows update (also, win10 or 11)?

How would I use x264 instead? Sorry all the pc stuff is still new to me, and my GPU sits around 75% usage when i have them both open, but warzone is taking up about 70% of that - stating that its power usage is very high, but everything else is low. Also yes this has been a problem since day 1, tried updating windows and drivers but that makes no difference. Im on windows 11 

17 hours ago, Mar1kax said:

How would I use x264 instead? Sorry all the pc stuff is still new to me, and my GPU sits around 75% usage when i have them both open, but warzone is taking up about 70% of that - stating that its power usage is very high, but everything else is low. Also yes this has been a problem since day 1, tried updating windows and drivers but that makes no difference. Im on windows 11 

Could be just Win11 issue, but I'm not gonna be that skeptical.

You can choose encoder from Output tab in the settings. Its named bit oddly, but x264 is called software and will use your CPU to encode. NVENC is called hardware and will use GPU. Can you post your settings for OBS?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Right okay, i will try switching it over to the x264 - hoping that will; here are my OBS settingsImage preview  

23 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Could be just Win11 issue, but I'm not gonna be that skeptical.

You can choose encoder from Output tab in the settings. Its named bit oddly, but x264 is called software and will use your CPU to encode. NVENC is called hardware and will use GPU. Can you post your settings for OBS?