Youtube & Twitch sidescrolling, (video of problem attached).

Mr Flibble

I have an Asus Laptop with an RTX 3050Ti, running Windows 11, connected to a 4K LG T.V.
Since yesterday when the screen resolution is set to 3840 x 2160 (I've had it set to 4K since I got the laptop a year ago, with no issues) youtube videos & Twitch streams are side scrolling while I'm watching. Even with the video paused, the scrolling continues until I reload Youtube.

All other resolution settings are fine.

I have changed HDMI cables & ports & tried different browsers, incase it was Chrome related, but it still persists.

Any thoughts on what is causing it or how to fix it?

I'm sorry but that is just absolutely bizarre. I can safely say I've never seen that happen before and without doing any research, I'd have no idea. That's amazing lol

Does this happen on the TV with the resolution set to anything else? Does this happen on the native laptop screen? What is the TV's refresh rate? 

I appear to have solved the problem.

I turned off Hardware-accelerated GPU sheduling & variable refresh rate & the problem disappeared.

I then turned them on one at a time, to see which was causing the problem, but the problem has not returned.

So I'm back to my original settings with no problem.

I still have no idea why it started or what caused it.