12600k erroring out after OC....

OK i have a 12600k oced to 5.2 on p cores, 4.2 on e cores, and 4.2 ring ratio(msi mobo).  Everything runs fine, little warm but thats expected.  After a update about 3 weeks ago, i will come home once in awhile and find the pc stalled.  The power is on but the pc wont respond.  No video.  If i used the reset button, nothing.  If i power cycle the pc, everything comes back up and runs fine.  Friend told me the e cores are set too high.  Anyone else have experience or knowledge of this?

Thanks again

5 minutes ago, Longbow1 said:

OK i have a 12600k oced to 5.2 on p cores, 4.2 on e cores, and 4.2 ring ratio(msi mobo).  Everything runs fine, little warm but thats expected.  After a update about 3 weeks ago, i will come home once in awhile and find the pc stalled.  The power is on but the pc wont respond.  No video.  If i used the reset button, nothing.  If i power cycle the pc, everything comes back up and runs fine.  Friend told me the e cores are set too high.  Anyone else have experience or knowledge of this?

Thanks again

Yes your overclock isn't stable. Probably needs more vcore

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

59 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Yes your overclock isn't stable. Probably needs more vcore

14 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Your OC is probably at the edge of stability and it cant handle some workloads or states. Just because it works most of the time it does not mean its stable.

^^^

The real cpu boost comes from ram oc anyways so wouldnt bother going >1.25v vcore oc just to get demolished by properly tuned rams at 3800-4200 gear 1 (less power draw = less heat and power bills)

What vcore on the p and ecores?

I suggest turning the ecores down to 3.8g and see if 5.2 pcore passes aida64, if not then more vcore needed, if the opposite happens then more vcore to the ecores needed

11 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

^^^

The real cpu boost comes from ram oc anyways so wouldnt bother going >1.25v vcore oc just to get demolished by properly tuned rams at 3800-4200 gear 1 (less power draw = less heat and power bills)

What vcore on the p and ecores?

I suggest turning the ecores down to 3.8g and see if 5.2 pcore passes aida64, if not then more vcore needed, if the opposite happens then more vcore to the ecores needed

5.2ghz on power cores only 1.25v? He's probably over 1.30v at that speed. If not, then that's where he needs to go.

3800mhz is an underclock. Should be posting 4800mhz at default. Unless they are running Ddr4, but who knows. People are too lazy these days to post a simple system specs list. All you get is a symptom and a clock frequency. Not very informative, and as a result, so will be the replies on some occasions.

3 hours ago, Guest 5150 said:

5.2ghz on power cores only 1.25v? He's probably over 1.30v at that speed. If not, then that's where he needs to go.

3800mhz is an underclock. Should be posting 4800mhz at default. Unless they are running Ddr4, but who knows. People are too lazy these days to post a simple system specs list. All you get is a symptom and a clock frequency. Not very informative, and as a result, so will be the replies on some occasions.

3800mhz ecores not pcores xD

>1.3v is likely considering 5.2g pcores unless you happen to be both running a good chip and good cooling (<70c load)