Upgrading old RCA tablet from Android 4 to Android 5?

Sir Dude

tl;dr: Can I upgrade from Android version 4 (Kitkat) to Version 5, or any other later version?

It's an old RCA tablet from Walmart.
Model number: RCT6203W46
Android Version: 4.4.2

Kernal Version: 3.4.67

Build Number: (model #)-(android version)V51-V1.9.50

Context:
I wanna draw digital art, but I don't wanna buy a whole new piece of kit just so I can lose interest after a month and not touch it again for a year. I've got this old tablet from high school lying around and I looked into turning it into a drawing tablet. Turns out, you can just download an app for that. I found one called VirtualTablet and it gives you 3 options for connecting, WiFi, Bluetooth, and Tethered. Of course, the wireless options are laggy, so I chose Tethered. And... it's only supported on Android 5 or later. So now I've spent the last 5 hours trying to flash, update, and research this tablet. I understand upgrading Android OS's isn't exactly a safe thing to do, and you've gotta make sure it'll even run on the device, but is it even possible? I can't seem to find a straight answer and of course I've got this seemingly unknown device that's hard to find documentation for.

Basically the only way it'd be possible is if someone made a custom ROM for that particular device. You can search sites like xda-developers to try and see if there are some. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2