Minecraft on a Ryzen 9 5900x and RTX 3080 gets only 150 fps and using only 9% gpu

Hi,

Okay so my brother has a rig with an 11'th gen i5 and a gtx 1660 super and he gets like a 1000 fps fsr.

Any other game I choose is better on my machine but for some reason Minecraft is behaving differently.

I've tried looking for a solution for quite some time now.

Is it a CPU bottleneck? please if someone can help me I'd be more than happy to listen.

Sodium + Lithium + Phosphor are your friends for Minecraft performance.

36 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Bruh i thought this was some sort of joke, forgot that for whatever reason theres some mc optimization mods that use the name of elements

47 minutes ago, BananaPekan said:

Hi,

Okay so my brother has a rig with an 11'th gen i5 and a gtx 1660 super and he gets like a 1000 fps fsr.

Any other game I choose is better on my machine but for some reason Minecraft is behaving differently.

I've tried looking for a solution for quite some time now.

Is it a CPU bottleneck? please if someone can help me I'd be more than happy to listen.

i think its something to do with the cpu since it has tons of cores and mc for all i know is mostly single core while an 11th gen i5 has only 6c 12t

Though i dont see why youd particularly care about mc fps unless you do competitive multiplayer like me where garbage fps affects your gameplay from either just not being smooth or cps getting nuked <60fps for whatever reason

Btw what ram are you using

TBH, Minecraft Java edition is a piece of cra*.

It is bad, so bad optimized that it doesn't use all the system resources. It's just the game... Older games tends to be more single-core.
Using gamepass I tried the bedrock edition and its 20000 times better when it comes to performance .

As AlwaysFSX said, those mods help with Minecraft performance like optifine.

43 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

3700x PBO stock | b550-f | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3200MHz | RTX 4080 Asus TUF OC | SN 850X 2TB - SN 850 1T | Cooler Master XG 850w Platinum PSU

On 8/18/2022 at 10:57 AM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Bruh i thought this was some sort of joke, forgot that for whatever reason theres some mc optimization mods that use the name of elements

i think its something to do with the cpu since it has tons of cores and mc for all i know is mostly single core while an 11th gen i5 has only 6c 12t

Though i dont see why youd particularly care about mc fps unless you do competitive multiplayer like me where garbage fps affects your gameplay from either just not being smooth or cps getting nuked <60fps for whatever reason

Btw what ram are you using

32GB Ram 3200Mhz

On 8/18/2022 at 10:58 AM, jauxan said:

TBH, Minecraft Java edition is a piece of cra*.

It is bad, so bad optimized that it doesn't use all the system resources. It's just the game... Older games tends to be more single-core.
Using gamepass I tried the bedrock edition and its 20000 times better when it comes to performance .

As AlwaysFSX said, those mods help with Minecraft performance like optifine.

I am getting 9% GPU usage with optimizations

On 8/19/2022 at 3:53 PM, BananaPekan said:

I am getting 9% GPU usage with optimizations

I'm getting arround 20% GPU utilization on a modded server.

100fps, FHD, Windowed with a 970

image.thumb.png.ee62ce040f87b7049b757bfe5dae9600.png

3700x PBO stock | b550-f | Crucial Ballistix 32GB 3200MHz | RTX 4080 Asus TUF OC | SN 850X 2TB - SN 850 1T | Cooler Master XG 850w Platinum PSU