monitor issue

lethaldose

hello I built a new set up and i am having a some issues first off i have had a three monitor set up for a while now 

has work perfectly fine just recently when i boot up my computer or even when i have to restart it when i gets to the

log in screen it starts on the wrong monitor and flickers all crazy then goes to my main monitor then im able to log in 

when i log in and try to play a game it starts on the wrong monitor 

for example my left monitor is a dell my center monitor is samsung my right is a asus when i load into a game my middle 

monitor is my main it switches to my dell monitors so you would think ok go to settings and just change it back not the case 

when i do that it says my dell monitor is my samsung my middle is my asus and my right is my dell i will list my specs down

below but i have tried every thing i can thing of from display settings to nvidia control panel settings and few others i dont know

what else to do can someone please help 

specs 

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO

12th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-12900K

Asus strixs NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090

WD_BLACK SN850 2TB

trident z 2x16 32g  

49 minutes ago, lethaldose said:

hello I built a new set up and i am having a some issues first off i have had a three monitor set up for a while now 

has work perfectly fine just recently when i boot up my computer or even when i have to restart it when i gets to the

log in screen it starts on the wrong monitor and flickers all crazy then goes to my main monitor then im able to log in 

when i log in and try to play a game it starts on the wrong monitor 

for example my left monitor is a dell my center monitor is samsung my right is a asus when i load into a game my middle 

monitor is my main it switches to my dell monitors so you would think ok go to settings and just change it back not the case 

when i do that it says my dell monitor is my samsung my middle is my asus and my right is my dell i will list my specs down

below but i have tried every thing i can thing of from display settings to nvidia control panel settings and few others i dont know

what else to do can someone please help 

specs 

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO

12th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-12900K

Asus strixs NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090

WD_BLACK SN850 2TB

trident z 2x16 32g  

I dunno if this will work or not but I might try a system refresh and check my settings.  From the sound of things you’ve got two settings in disagreement and the first one is wrong and the second one overrides it.  The flickering might be shortened, but that’s just how windows (or basically anything else even vaguely current I know of) does it.  One of them may be default. Sounds like a not very big problem though. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.