I have two power supplies but one set of cables.

RupeeMiner

Budget (including currency): Somewhere under 50 dollars.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Server use

Other details Lian Li SP750

So a while back my computer’s power supply started making a grinding noise. Fine. I apply for an RMA, and they send me a new PSU. I had fixed the noise by this time, but it still operates louder than it should. I’m going to switch it out with the one I got from Lian Li. However, I want to use this other power supply in a different system, probably to run a media machine or a Minecraft server, but cannot find cables for this power supply anywhere online? Does anybody know the cable compatibility of the SP750?

Cablemod maybe?  Did Lian Li not ask for the other PSU back?  Usually the only way you'd end up with two is if you paid a deposit on an advance RMA and they sent you a new one with out cables.  In that case, I'd send the old one back to get my deposit back.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

39 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Cablemod maybe?  Did Lian Li not ask for the other PSU back?  Usually the only way you'd end up with two is if you paid a deposit on an advance RMA and they sent you a new one with out cables.  In that case, I'd send the old one back to get my deposit back.

I looked at cablemod, they list what PSUs they manufacture cables for, and Lian Li isn’t there because they produce one, maybe two units. Also, there was no deposit, but I did in fact get JUST a power supply, probably because the grinding sound was so awful, it would actually make it kind of hard to hear things going on. When reoriented, it just seems to operate with the wrong curve for fan speed, which isn’t really an issue if it’s not right next to me.

3 minutes ago, RupeeMiner said:

I looked at cablemod, they list what PSUs they manufacture cables for, and Lian Li isn’t there because they produce one, maybe two units. Also, there was no deposit, but I did in fact get JUST a power supply, probably because the grinding sound was so awful, it would actually make it kind of hard to hear things going on. When reoriented, it just seems to operate with the wrong curve for fan speed, which isn’t really an issue if it’s not right next to me.

Ok, then I guess you could try to buy some extra cables from Lian Li, otherwise you just have a backup unit incase of an electrical event.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

Unfortunately, the only "standard" cables on the Lian-Li PSUs (that I know of) is the EPS12V and PCIe.  They use the same "Type 3", "Type 4" pinout as MSI, ADATA XPG, bitFenix and Corsair.   The 24-pin,as far as I know, is unique.  Not sure why they did that.

I would say best bet is to reach out to Lian Li (again).

How did you end up with two power supplies from this? Lian Li didn't ask you to send the original power supply back?

3 hours ago, RupeeMiner said:

probably because the grinding sound was so awful, it would actually make it kind of hard to hear things going on. When reoriented, it just seems to operate with the wrong curve for fan speed, which isn’t really an issue if it’s not right next to me.

Is the fan hitting something?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450