My PC won't turn on.. kinda.

So earlier today my PC was working just fine, like it has for the last 2 years. However when I tried to turn it on, nothing happend.
When I tried pluging it into another socket everything starts running and all the lights turn on for a few seconds and then turn off. This is all without me pressing the power button.
After this happens and I try to power my PC back on with the power button nothing happens.
Now the strange thing is when I turn the PCU off for a little while and then I turn it on the same cycle happens.
I'm running an i9-9900K and a 2080 with a 750 watt power supply, however I dont think this is the problem since it's been running fine for years now.

any help is appreciated

PSUs can fail without warning. Inspect the motherboard for bulging, blown out capacitors. There is a procedure to jump out and test your PSU. You will need a multimeter to do so.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

28 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

PSUs can fail without warning. Inspect the motherboard for bulging, blown out capacitors. There is a procedure to jump out and test your PSU. You will need a multimeter to do so.

I also suspect the PSU.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

RMA your PSU.  These warranties usually hella long, and many of them will let you do an advanced replacement with a deposit so you can wait for the new one before you send them the old one.  Be as descriptive as possible when telling them whats up with it, and take liberties if you need to in describing the troubleshooting you've already done.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

9 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

I tried using a different power supply and the same thing happend.I don't see any bulging or any blown out capacitors

19 minutes ago, imsleepless said:

I tried using a different power supply and the same thing happend.I don't see any bulging or any blown out capacitors

I did say there was a procedure for testing. Was this a known good PSU that was working prior to the swap or just one that was laying around? Also, there's a remote possibility the power switch is going bad. It's not common, but it does happen. Also possible the motherboard is going bad. If you don't have the ability or equipment to do proper testing, I would suggest seeking out a professional before firing the parts cannon. It gets expensive quick.

Also, are you POSITIVE that it is powering down and refusing to restart as opposed to just giving a blank screen? I had random blank screens on boot for awhile that appear to have been RAM-related. When you say nothing happens, that suggests nothing powers up, fans, RGB, nothing. But with a POST failure with a blank screen like I had, the fans run, RGB lights up, you just can't see whether the machine booted or not (mine was failing POST on a RAM error).

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

16 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

I did say there was a procedure for testing. Was this a known good PSU that was working prior to the swap or just one that was laying around? Also, there's a remote possibility the power switch is going bad. It's not common, but it does happen. Also possible the motherboard is going bad. If you don't have the ability or equipment to do proper testing, I would suggest seeking out a professional before firing the parts cannon. It gets expensive quick.

Also, are you POSITIVE that it is powering down and refusing to restart as opposed to just giving a blank screen? I had random blank screens on boot for awhile that appear to have been RAM-related. When you say nothing happens, that suggests nothing powers up, fans, RGB, nothing. But with a POST failure with a blank screen like I had, the fans run, RGB lights up, you just can't see whether the machine booted or not (mine was failing POST on a RAM error).

I pulled the power supply out of a working machine.

I would test another motherboard, but I don't have a spare 1511 motherboard.

I also tried swapping out the CPU, CMOS battery and trying a single stick of ram in each slot.

I am certain it's fully powering down. After the lights turn on and off nothing powers up anymore. I dont het fans spinning, no RGB works, not even the power indicators on the motherboard turn on.

https://youtu.be/xCPhq_kpnyA (sorry for it being a short, youtube mobile wouldnt let me make it an actual video)

Almost sounds like the RAM RGB is somehow overloading the bus that feeds it. Which would, of course, point to a failing motherboard due to a flaky capacitor that possibly hasn't shown visible signs of failure just yet. Or perhaps a resistor that's going bad. In any case, it is certainly starting to sound like possible motherboard, also possible (but less likely) RAM. Just to rule that out, I would test the RAM in another machine if possible.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

25 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Almost sounds like the RAM RGB is somehow overloading the bus that feeds it. Which would, of course, point to a failing motherboard due to a flaky capacitor that possibly hasn't shown visible signs of failure just yet. Or perhaps a resistor that's going bad. In any case, it is certainly starting to sound like possible motherboard, also possible (but less likely) RAM. Just to rule that out, I would test the RAM in another machine if possible.

Im getting another PC delivered to me with an ddr4 compatible motherboard, so I will check the ram. If that isn't it i'll look to buy a new motherboard. Ill give an update once I've checked. Thanks for the help up untill now by the way  very much appreciated. Pretty stressfull fixing my main pc.

10 hours ago, imsleepless said:

Im getting another PC delivered to me with an ddr4 compatible motherboard, so I will check the ram. If that isn't it i'll look to buy a new motherboard. Ill give an update once I've checked. Thanks for the help up untill now by the way  very much appreciated. Pretty stressfull fixing my main pc.

Oh, I know. Imagine what I've been through with my 5900X giving a random POST failure every 8-10 cold boots, with no debug lights or video twelve times in three months. Each time this cropped up was a partial disassembly, re-seating RAM and GPU, nothing helped. Board finally gave a DRAM light, tested fine, swapped DIMMs with a 1700 rig anyway, still didn't help.

The original DIMMs failed in a 3600X machine while the 5900X's board was being RMA'd -- returned "could not duplicate issue", but debug lights still act like a short-circuited traffic signal. Found the RAM was not on the QVL list for my board or the board in the other machine.

Replaced RAM in 3600X machine with QVL-approved and rebuilt the 5900X with QVL-approved as well. So far, the problem seems to be gone, running another set of RAM from the board's QVL list. We shall see, I guess.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

On 8/18/2022 at 1:05 PM, An0maly_76 said:

Oh, I know. Imagine what I've been through with my 5900X giving a random POST failure every 8-10 cold boots, with no debug lights or video twelve times in three months. Each time this cropped up was a partial disassembly, re-seating RAM and GPU, nothing helped. Board finally gave a DRAM light, tested fine, swapped DIMMs with a 1700 rig anyway, still didn't help.

The original DIMMs failed in a 3600X machine while the 5900X's board was being RMA'd -- returned "could not duplicate issue", but debug lights still act like a short-circuited traffic signal. Found the RAM was not on the QVL list for my board or the board in the other machine.

Replaced RAM in 3600X machine with QVL-approved and rebuilt the 5900X with QVL-approved as well. So far, the problem seems to be gone, running another set of RAM from the board's QVL list. We shall see, I guess.

IT LIVED!! After checking the ram I bought a new motherboard. The Asrock Z370 extreme4 (it was difficult still finding places that sold new 1511 bords). After swapping everything out it worked no problem! I was even able to use my XMP profiles without it crashing, which it did on my old MB. Again huge thanks for the help.