Good Wireless Headset for around $150-$250

nootagroot

Hiya guys,

I'm just looking for some recommendations for a pair of over-ear Bluetooth headphones for around $150-$250. I don't want an amp or dac or anything like that, just wanna be able to connect to my phone and laptop and listen to music. I've had an Audio Technica ATH-SR30BT for a while now and the battery is absolutely fantastic (often lasts me multiple weeks between charges) which I'd love to also have on my new headphones, although I'm ok with a bit of a downgrade as well. However, my current pair has started falling apart a little: doesn't turn on, takes forever to connect, and once in a while I get some really strange behavior where the drivers go all staticky, or they suddenly go really loud. The battery is still great, but the audio quality was never anything too incredible to begin with, so I'm in the market for something a little better. Noise cancelling is a nice to have but it doesn't really matter to me, since I'm usually using AirPods when I leave the house anyway. My initial choice was these: https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/noise_cancelling_headphones/quietcomfort-headphones-45.html#v=qc45_black but if anyone has other, better, or cheaper ideas please let me know.

Thank you!

31 minutes ago, _Omega_ said:

How much does the Sony WH-1000 XM4 cost for you?

it says $350, that's a little too much for me

1 minute ago, nootagroot said:

it says $350, that's a little too much for me

Ah okay, got it for 250 euro about a year ago... guess they gone up in price 

On 8/17/2022 at 4:20 PM, _Omega_ said:

Ah okay, got it for 250 euro about a year ago... guess they gone up in price 

gotcha, yeah thanks for your help!

I have the QC45’s. They’re good but have a few quirks when connected to two devices at once. Personally got them over the Sony XM4 because I don’t like the touch controls on the Sonys 

I bought my XM4s used/refurbished off of ebay for like $180ish.

They're top notch for noise cancellation, have an acceptable but not great mic and passing sound. Overall they're good for use in an office and serviceable for other stuff.

They don't win on sound quality but for some use cases, that doesn't really matter.

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800