How do i lower the price of my pc

Coolism
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
1 minute ago, Coolism said:

https://www.startech.com.bd/msi-mag-b550m-mortar-wi-fi-motherboard Well i have some extra budget left to spend anyway is this good enough?

Excellent board go for it

I live in Bangladesh and pretty much all pc parts are inflated as hell, this is around 1800$ in usd, i wanna build my first pc and was wondering what parts i could change. Thanks.

Star Tech - 1660760023.png

How much do you want to lower the price of it? 

Some general rules

I'd get whatevers cheaper between a 5600 and 12400f since they perform pretty similarly

I'd get a different ram since they all perfrom pretty much the same given the same cas latency and speed

I'd get a different ssd since Samsung ssds are usually pretty overpriced 

Look for regular 5600 instead of 5600X, they perform basically the same but the non-X may be cheaper.

Could consider a B450 board but you would probably want to make sure it's one that can flash BIOS without a compatible CPU.

You don't need a PCIe 4.0 SSD. 3.0 is fine. The difference in performance is not perceptible for everyday tasks and gaming. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Cheaper case, ditch the premium rgb fans and get decent generics, no rgb ram, get a regular ssd not the super expensive pro version, Get a not overpriced board. And with the savings add a basic tower cooler to your cpu

You could lower it by getting the non-x 5600.

Also a B450 motherboard with bios flashback support would be cheaper and lets you flash the bios in the case your CPU isn't supported.
Like this one

https://www.startech.com.bd/msi-b450-gaming-plus-max-amd-motherboard

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I lowered it down to 1500$ (forgot to mention my budget is around 1700$) thx everyone but i'm wondering if i can play most games at 2k with this rig or if i should downgrade the monitor to save some money627034538_StarTech-1660761069.thumb.png.b193e6c9c5ce7be11939cee3ae30e7ac.png

4 minutes ago, Coolism said:

I lowered it down to 1500$ (forgot to mention my budget is around 1700$) thx everyone but i'm wondering if i can play most games at 2k with this rig or if i should downgrade the monitor to save some money627034538_StarTech-1660761069.thumb.png.b193e6c9c5ce7be11939cee3ae30e7ac.png

If 2k means 1440p (different people use the term "2k" differently), then yes this system should be good enough for esports games at 1440p/144fps and AAA single player games at 1440p/60fps.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

10 minutes ago, Middcore said:

If 2k means 1440p (different people use the term "2k" differently), then yes this system should be good enough for esports games at 1440p/144fps and AAA single player games at 1440p/60fps.

Stick with the DS3H or jump up to something higher? I haven't looked in awhile but iirc Gigabyte's DS3H lineup is less than ideal.

elephants

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

Stick with the DS3H or jump up to something higher? I haven't looked in awhile but iirc Gigabyte's DS3H lineup is less than ideal.

Yeah I would never buy one of the Gigglebites "alphabet soup" boards myself, but I don't actually think it would hold back the performance with a 5600. The MSI board @TetraSky linked is probably much better though. @Coolism

8 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Yeah I would never buy one of the Gigglebites "alphabet soup" boards myself, but I don't actually think it would hold back the performance with a 5600. The MSI board @TetraSky linked is probably much better though. @Coolism

Yeah 5600 is the limit of a b450 ds3h.

But op get a different board that board doesn't have bios flashback so if the bios is too old it simply won't work and you cannot update it without a compatible cpu.

Otherwise great alteraties that won't affect performance but drastically changed the budget.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Yeah 5600 is the limit of a b450 ds3h.

But op get a different board that board doesn't have bios flashback so if the bios is too old it simply won't work and you cannot update it without a compatible cpu.

Otherwise great alteraties that won't affect performance but drastically changed the budget.

Alr I'll change the motherboard then since its in my budget anyway, but the thing is i want Wifi (Im new to pc building i think the wifi on motherboards just means they have wifi support) do i need to worry about wifi on my motherboard?

Just now, Coolism said:

Alr I'll change the motherboard then since its in my budget anyway, but the thing is i want Wifi (Im new to pc building i think the wifi on motherboards just means they have wifi support) do i need to worry about wifi on my motherboard?

Nope. You can get an add in card too or usb stick. Just check which is cheaper.