Jump to content

What does max Graphic memory means?

When using an integrated graphics card part of your RAM gets to be your Graphics memory in that case. The specs are telling you how much of your installed RAM could be used as Graphics memory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dreckssackblase said:

When using an integrated graphics card part of your RAM gets to be your Graphics memory in that case. The specs are telling you how much of your installed RAM could be used as Graphics memory.

So if I used dedicated gpu, this spec does not limit my gpu memory?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Matz. said:

So if I used dedicated gpu, this spec does not limit my gpu memory?

Exactly. That spec will not apply to any dedicated GPUS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, Dreckssackblase said:

Exactly. That spec will not apply to any dedicated GPUS.

Okay, So does this motherboard will limit my graphics card performance, for example , I use rtx 3050 on this MOBO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's PCIe 2.0, and the best CPU you could put on that would get run around by basically anything modern even at low budget. 

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

 

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

 

GPD Win 2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Matz. said:

 

Okay, So does this motherboard will limit my graphics card performance, for example , I use rtx 3050 on this MOBO.

No it will not limit your dedicated Graphics card is what i tried to say. If you use a 3050 with 8GB of VRAM all of it will work and it will not be limited.

What could limit a RTX3050s performance tho is the low bandwidth of PCI-E Gen 2 this mainboard seems to have. Im not sure how big the impact would be though. image.png.70df5e1846edfef2c35331c3efe31112.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

The PCIe slot only being 2.0 is not a problem.

Gaming requires very little PCIe bandwidth, and the GPU you got is not really going to need that much to begin with before running into other internal bottlenecks.

 

Here is a test that was done using an RTX 3080:

image.thumb.png.4bb98d90745666a49de288d1bee90955.png

 

 

In other words, you could get a GPU that's 3 times as powerful as your current RTX 3050, and you would still only be bottlenecked ~4% by the PCIe bandwidth, when gaming.

 

The difference is basically a rounding error.

 

 

The bigger issue is that it's an LGA 1155 motherboard.

Even the best CPU you can get for that motherboard, the i7-3770K, is about half as fast as the AMD 5600X in single core performance, and about 1/3 as fast in multi-threaded workloads. And the 5600X is a mid-range CPU for 200 dollars.

That board was good 10 years ago, but now it's pretty terrible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LAwLz said:

The PCIe slot only being 2.0 is not a problem.

Gaming requires very little PCIe bandwidth, and the GPU you got is not really going to need that much to begin with before running into other internal bottlenecks.

 

Here is a test that was done using an RTX 3080:

image.thumb.png.4bb98d90745666a49de288d1bee90955.png

 

 

In other words, you could get a GPU that's 3 times as powerful as your current RTX 3050, and you would still only be bottlenecked ~4% by the PCIe bandwidth, when gaming.

 

The difference is basically a rounding error.

 

 

The bigger issue is that it's an LGA 1155 motherboard.

Even the best CPU you can get for that motherboard, the i7-3770K, is about half as fast as the AMD 5600X in single core performance, and about 1/3 as fast in multi-threaded workloads. And the 5600X is a mid-range CPU for 200 dollars.

That board was good 10 years ago, but now it's pretty terrible.

The 3050's hit a bit worse as it's an x8 card, not x16.  So it's basically PCIE 1.1 x16 speeds.  (But still won't be a huge concern.)

(Just don't put a 6500XT on a PCIE2 board.  OOF.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×