Help w/CRT monitor image

da na

Picked up this CRT today, it's a great little Packard Bell display. Only issue is it won't stay on. I pressed the power button after plugging it in and was met with an intermittent chirp (every 2 seconds or so). About 30sec later it sped up to every second. Then I got a dim image on the screen, slowly getting brighter, but it flicks off like this. I have two theories. One is that the flyback itself is damaged, but I doubt this. Second theory is the more likely one, a capacitor in the power supply or near the flyback has gone bad/has become less effective with age and can't quite maintain a charge. Any other theories/affirmation?

Also, picked up this Compaq. The left side of the screen is in the middle, the right side doesn't exist, and random stuff is smeared across the screen. (Yes it has burn-in, that's not what I'm talking about here.) I assume these are bad caps in the video circuit, or is my modern laptop just not driving this 30 year old display properly?

image.png.a9bd88903a13c8bb5f3002e3833875aa.png

I'm going with caps. Time to pop it open and start inspecting!

11 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Cute.

Check the caps, resistors and also the power button.

What input voltage? sometimes the issue appears when it's too low.

110v. Power button doesn't have a short as far as I can tell, I'll get to checking caps