Changed Case with Better Front Fans - No Change in Temps

Mufaaf

Hey folks,

So, previous I had a cheap Gigabyte case with 1x 120mm front fan (with no mesh front cover), 2x 120mm top exhaust, and 1x rear exhaust.

I then changed it to a Coolermaster Mastercase H500 case, which has a front mesh cover. So, currently the fan config is as follows: 2x 200m front fans, 2x 120mm top exhaust, 1x rear exhaust fan. 

My temps between both the case remains unaffected, despite the two large 200m fans and running all the fans on performance mode. The CPU idles at 30-33C and GPU idles at 30C (70C on load). I am confused why that is. The 2x 200m fans should provide additional cooling, but the temps remain completely unaffected. I feel like i wasted money on getting a new case and I want to figure out why the temps have not been affected in the slightest.

Any help would be appreciated!

PC:
Intel i5 11400 + EK AIO 120mm

Gainward Phantom RTX 3080 (fans running at 1300rpm on idle)

32GB Gskill RAMs

500 nvme SSD

Adding case fans don't help much cooling CPU on AIO, and the 11400 is not powerful enough to ever get hot... But you can slap a Noctua IPPC 3000rpm fan on it and then you'll see the difference 😄 (I did it on my old 4770K, works wonder, only issue is the mindbreaking noise !)

For GPU temps it can help a bit, but nothing major as most of the cooling is from the GPU fans themselves

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

2 hours ago, Mufaaf said:

previous I had a cheap Gigabyte case with 1x 120mm front fan (with no mesh front cover), 2x 120mm top exhaust, and 1x rear exhaust.

2 hours ago, Mufaaf said:

The CPU idles at 30-33C and GPU idles at 30C (70C on load)

If you were getting these temps on your old case, then that’s great. But was it a noisier case than your new one???

Also, what’s your ambient temps there? Sounds like it’s not Summer??

10 hours ago, Caroline said:

Hi

70C for a 3080 is pretty low considering how much power the card uses. How fast are the intake fans going? about 660 RPM?

I have attached the fan speeds from HWMonitor. Does that help?

Untitled.jpg

7 hours ago, Ralfi said:

If you were getting these temps on your old case, then that’s great. But was it a noisier case than your new one???

Also, what’s your ambient temps there? Sounds like it’s not Summer??

I live in the Middle East, so it's blazing hot. But the ambient temps in my room is around 24C with the AC on most of the time (sometimes 21C).

The old case wasn't nosier and I am not too concerned about the noise levels, tbh. The new case is defo slightly noiser but I can't really tell because I changed the placement of it from keeping it on the ground, to keeping it on my table (in the hopes for better temps but made no difference! :p)

1. Please do not use hwmonitor, the program reports false values all the time, use HwInfo64

2. Idle temperatures are mostly irrelevant

3. That's a good load GPU temp

4. What is your CPU load temp ?

temps are cooler on the ground then mid hight as hot air rises.  cant compare the 2 case if we dont no the setup of the old case... and how your new case is setup. but its a hot gpu like others pointed out. do get more cooling you have to do things like mod the gpu fans with case fans with zip tiys or have a case that has bottom mount fans. even thow there 2x 200mm fans dose not mean there powerful. other things like mesh and dust filters can limit the air flow as well. but in most case when the fan cranked and you have a good case you might only get like 2-5c drop max.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

6 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

1. Please do not use hwmonitor, the program reports false values all the time, use HwInfo64

2. Idle temperatures are mostly irrelevant

3. That's a good load GPU temp

4. What is your CPU load temp ?

I tried HwInfo64, and it is showing the same temps.

CPU load temp is harder to check, but I believe it stays well under 60C. I will test properly and report back. Is there a software that can overlay that info during gaming?

5 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

temps are cooler on the ground then mid hight as hot air rises.  cant compare the 2 case if we dont no the setup of the old case... and how your new case is setup. but its a hot gpu like others pointed out. do get more cooling you have to do things like mod the gpu fans with case fans with zip tiys or have a case that has bottom mount fans. even thow there 2x 200mm fans dose not mean there powerful. other things like mesh and dust filters can limit the air flow as well. but in most case when the fan cranked and you have a good case you might only get like 2-5c drop max.

The old case was on the ground, but it reported the same temps as the new case which is on my table. The new case does run slightly cooler when the AC is on because the air is hitting it directly. 

But I guess, the new 200m fans don't help much as you said. It does push in air but it's not a lot to make a difference.

19 hours ago, Mufaaf said:

My temps between both the case remains unaffected

Probably the fan curve.

You will need to have higher fan speeds in lower temps.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 hour ago, Mufaaf said:

Is there a software that can overlay that info during gaming?

Hwinfo can. 60c is Ice cold for modern CPUs, same like 70c for GPUs, your temps are quite low. But you don't need to set it up, just after running a game/program, go into hwinfo and check max temp, it will show you what was the max temperature on load.

1 hour ago, Vishera said:

Probably the fan curve.

You will need to have higher fan speeds in lower temps.

1 hour ago, Mufaaf said:

The old case was on the ground, but it reported the same temps as the new case which is on my table. The new case does run slightly cooler when the AC is on because the air is hitting it directly. 

But I guess, the new 200m fans don't help much as you said. It does push in air but it's not a lot to make a difference.

One thing not mentioned is, because modern CPUs and GPUs like running hot and are designed to run hot, it's quite likely, your CPU and GPU are just boosting higher, providing more FPS, with the extra cooling room that the new case and fans provided.

Again even though those fans aren't great, ~60c for 11400, and ~70c for that GPU are great temps.