Power Supply enough?

MistahHaskins
Go to solution Solved by Ryuikko,
37 minutes ago, MistahHaskins said:

hear they are good cards although I could also be wrong. EVGA is the most common and MSI is the cheapest version of the card. I was thinking ZOTAC to keep it running like my 1650 Super I bought from them but I am unsure. Is there a particular model that isn't OC out of the box?

Factory Oc won't have a lot of effect on power draw, so a 650 will be fine. Msi's ventus cards are usually the cheapest because they're designed that way. What are you going to be using the card for? If you just plan to game I'd go with a 6700xt instead

Been eyeing a 3060 or even a 3060 Ti for my build upgrading from a 1650 Super from ZOTAC. I am wondering if my CX650 80+ Bronze (Rated B Tier on LTT PSU Tier List) is enough to get upwards of a 3060 Ti without it destroying the PSU.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MistahHaskins/saved/#view=PvLVWZ - PCPartPicker which includes EVERYTHING that I am running currently down to the fans. I need honest recommendations.

I want to buy a 3060 Ti from MSI or EVGA but I fear that my PSU isn't enough to handle it with everything in my current system. If so is there any EVAG cards that ARE NOT OC FROM FACTORY.

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 BE  |  GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3060 Twin Edge OC  | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200mhz  |  Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2  |  Storage:  WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD  |  Case:  Corsair 4000D Airflow  |  Power Supply: Corsair CX650w Bronze Series

650 is enough for a 3060ti. Any specific reason for wanting only an msi/evga card?

I'm just curios i am new to pc building, why do u have lik 10 fans?

20 minutes ago, MistahHaskins said:

Been eyeing a 3060 or even a 3060 Ti for my build upgrading from a 1650 Super from ZOTAC. I am wondering if my CX650 80+ Bronze (Rated B Tier on LTT PSU Tier List) is enough to get upwards of a 3060 Ti without it destroying the PSU.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MistahHaskins/saved/#view=PvLVWZ - PCPartPicker which includes EVERYTHING that I am running currently down to the fans. I need honest recommendations.

I want to buy a 3060 Ti from MSI or EVGA but I fear that my PSU isn't enough to handle it with everything in my current system. If so is there any EVAG cards that ARE NOT OC FROM FACTORY.

Pretty sure the non OC version also listed the same minimum PSU requirement.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

11 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

650 is enough for a 3060ti. Any specific reason for wanting only an msi/evga card?

I hear they are good cards although I could also be wrong. EVGA is the most common and MSI is the cheapest version of the card. I was thinking ZOTAC to keep it running like my 1650 Super I bought from them but I am unsure. Is there a particular model that isn't OC out of the box?

12 minutes ago, DietzDiet said:

I'm just curios i am new to pc building, why do u have lik 10 fans?

These include the two for my CPU Cooler (Cooler Master Silencio and Nocuta F12) and the rest are just case fans (3 Intake and 3 Exhaust) for optimal air flow. I had the space and the Fan Hub and the fans so I just threw all the ones I had into the build and will later switch them out for the same brand. More than likely Arctic fans.

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 BE  |  GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3060 Twin Edge OC  | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200mhz  |  Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2  |  Storage:  WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD  |  Case:  Corsair 4000D Airflow  |  Power Supply: Corsair CX650w Bronze Series

Just now, Poinkachu said:

Pretty sure the non OC version also listed the same minimum PSU requirement.

Are you using a 650w PSU? Looking for a great card to throw into my build

Gaming Rig:

Just now, MistahHaskins said:

Are you using a 650w PSU? Looking for a great card to throw into my build

Nah, I'm on SuperFlower Leadex II Gold 750w.
And using a Ventus 3060Ti 2x OC, been a year and half, so far it's good.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 minute ago, Poinkachu said:

Nah, I'm on SuperFlower Leadex II Gold 750w.
And using a Ventus 3060Ti 2x OC, been a year and half, so far it's good.

So a 3060 Ti with everything I have is going to run without peaks causing crashes?

Gaming Rig:

1 minute ago, MistahHaskins said:

So a 3060 Ti with everything I have is going to run without peaks causing crashes?

Theoritically yeah.

Refresh before you reply

37 minutes ago, MistahHaskins said:

hear they are good cards although I could also be wrong. EVGA is the most common and MSI is the cheapest version of the card. I was thinking ZOTAC to keep it running like my 1650 Super I bought from them but I am unsure. Is there a particular model that isn't OC out of the box?

Factory Oc won't have a lot of effect on power draw, so a 650 will be fine. Msi's ventus cards are usually the cheapest because they're designed that way. What are you going to be using the card for? If you just plan to game I'd go with a 6700xt instead

48 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

I might, thanks for recommendation!

Gaming Rig: