I need help with my pc

Felix01

So, about 2 months ago i had a pc crash that lead me to a dead gpu i did all the troubleshooting and even uninstalled and reinstalled drivers using ddu (with my brothers old gpu because mine wouldnt show display), yet nothing changed  so i bought a replacement card which is the exact same rtx 2060 but with 12gb, and it worked i could boot to windows and everything, and when i went to install my nvidia drivers the pc display turned black and said no signal. So now i have problem which is that my gpu is fine and works, all the other components work fine and i cant get into the loading screen when turning on, so its literally impossible to get in windows or BIOS and change something. I have an idea which is reinstalling windows with a usb therefore it will delete everything i had including third party programms and therefore i should be able to run windows fine, no? However i have a question how can i reinstall windows with a usb if i cant get into windows because my main ssd with windows on it has something corrupted that wont let get a single pixel on the screen? Should i unplug the ssd? Please Help

my specs are:

ryzen 5 3600x no integrated graphics

gskill trydent z 16gb

rtx 2060 12gb

msi b450 gamingplus max

650w power supply

500gb ssd 

1tb harddrive

i have checked all compatiblity issues and its fine, and my psu gives more that an enough power for gpu and the pc. 

37 minutes ago, Felix01 said:

So, about 2 months ago i had a pc crash that lead me to a dead gpu i did all the troubleshooting and even uninstalled and reinstalled drivers using ddu (with my brothers old gpu because mine wouldnt show display), yet nothing changed  so i bought a replacement card which is the exact same rtx 2060 but with 12gb, and it worked i could boot to windows and everything, and when i went to install my nvidia drivers the pc display turned black and said no signal. So now i have problem which is that my gpu is fine and works, all the other components work fine and i cant get into the loading screen when turning on, so its literally impossible to get in windows or BIOS and change something. I have an idea which is reinstalling windows with a usb therefore it will delete everything i had including third party programms and therefore i should be able to run windows fine, no? However i have a question how can i reinstall windows with a usb if i cant get into windows because my main ssd with windows on it has something corrupted that wont let get a single pixel on the screen? Should i unplug the ssd? Please Help

my specs are:

ryzen 5 3600x no integrated graphics

gskill trydent z 16gb

rtx 2060 12gb

msi b450 gamingplus max

650w power supply

500gb ssd 

1tb harddrive

i have checked all compatiblity issues and its fine, and my psu gives more that an enough power for gpu and the pc. 

If you can make the boot media, doing the reinstall is going to be simple as choosing the USB as higher boot priority. If you live near a microcenter, it might be worth getting something like a 5450 type of card that it will rely on basic display driver to operate.

1 hour ago, BiotechBen said:

If you can make the boot media, doing the reinstall is going to be simple as choosing the USB as higher boot priority. If you live near a microcenter, it might be worth getting something like a 5450 type of card that it will rely on basic display driver to operate.

I’ll try it

7 hours ago, Felix01 said:

I’ll try it

Ok, quick update, since my little brother has an old gpu i tried that one and in fact it lets me get to the loading screen but when im going to put my password my screen goes “no signal”, this basically confirms its a third party app or driver thats effing me up so badly, so i clicked the restart button and it lead me to see the advanced boot options from windows (thankgod), so i ve chosen to clean both ssd and hdd storage units and reinstall windows. I hope this works I’ll tell you guys if its solved. But in theory this should work.  The only worrie i have is that when i reinstall windows im sure the old graphics card will work, but if my rtx 2060 doesn’t, well im gonna be really sad, and i wont be able to buy another computer for a while. 

Good night to you all.

greetings from Europe.

16 hours ago, Felix01 said:

650w power supply

What's the brand and model?

16 hours ago, Felix01 said:

msi b450 gamingplus max

BIOS fully up to date?

3 hours ago, --SID-- said:

What's the brand and model?

BIOS fully up to date?

Its an nfortec psu idk if its a spanish brand. The bios might not be up to date but i do remember installing the latest motherboard drivers

6 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Before getting another GPU, try a new cable.

It works somehow, can you explain why my cable does this when before it was fine. Oh and when reinstalling windows i had a blue screen and since the restart its going on a cycle of “hit ok to restart computer and reinstalling” everytime i restart, so basically im stuck

Just now, Felix01 said:

It works somehow, can you explain why my cable does this when before it was fine. Oh and when reinstalling windows i had a blue screen and since the restart its going on a cycle of “hit ok to restart computer and reinstalling” everytime i restart, so basically im stuck

Btw i didnt buy a new one i just used my brothers one, and now im using my own and the display works, and also something weird is that the old cable was showing a diferent resolution

Ok, i fixed the problem by pressing shift and f10 then going to regedit and chaning something from 1 to 3 and that let me continue, now im in windows fully reinstalled all working fine, thankyou guys!!

7 hours ago, Felix01 said:

Ok, i fixed the problem by pressing shift and f10 then going to regedit and chaning something from 1 to 3 and that let me continue, now im in windows fully reinstalled all working fine, thankyou guys!!

Always start with the $5 fixes 🙂