Microphone is picking up output audio Windows 10

TheBigAndry

When I am on a call with someone and I use headphones (any app I use, Discord, Telegram, etc.) the interlocutor hears the video I am watching. How the hell is that possible?

I've tried a lot of online solutions, including changing various Windows sound settings, reinstalling drivers, etc.

I also changed the headphones and jack input. But nothing to do!

Even if I turn off the microphone or cover it with my hand, the sound is still heard.

I have already tried all the solutions in this article: https://www.thetechwire.com/mic-picking-up-computer-sounds/

The only way I found to get around this problem was to use the Nvidia Broadcast app. The problem is "solved" as it has been enabled a strong noise reduction, so as not to take into account the music played in the headphones. However, I would like to avoid adopting such a solution, as it does not solve the upstream problem for me.

Thanks in advance!

What audio solution do you use?  I have experienced this on any solution that shares a ground between the mic and the headphone, namely gaming headsets.  I'm still uncertain whether it's a shared ground with the cable or the onboard but if I had to bet it's the cable.  I'm unaware of a solution that exists, some kind of cable with separate grounds or an entirely new setup with an antlion modmic or some kind of other external mic solution and headphones.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

On 8/17/2022 at 5:41 AM, Psittac said:

What audio solution do you use?  I have experienced this on any solution that shares a ground between the mic and the headphone, namely gaming headsets.  I'm still uncertain whether it's a shared ground with the cable or the onboard but if I had to bet it's the cable.  I'm unaware of a solution that exists, some kind of cable with separate grounds or an entirely new setup with an antlion modmic or some kind of other external mic solution and headphones.

I just found out that this audio problem is only present if I'm on desktop. If I start an application on a full screen, such as a game, the problem does not arise! Unbelievable, I'm going crazy .. I've already changed the cable, headphones and jack, but the same thing happens in all cases.

8 hours ago, TheBigAndry said:

I just found out that this audio problem is only present if I'm on desktop. If I start an application on a full screen, such as a game, the problem does not arise! Unbelievable, I'm going crazy .. I've already changed the cable, headphones and jack, but the same thing happens in all cases.

lol, I think I remember something odd like that too.  It's been several years since I've used a gaming headset but that does sound familiar.  I wish someone could explain why this is.  All I know is that ever since I have ditched gaming headsets and or complete onboard solutions it hasn't been an issue.  You know, one thing you could try is purchase a simple usb dac for either the mic or the headphone and try to seperate them from each other. Antlion makes a simple usb dongle for both input and output and it's reasonably priced.  Could put one to onboard and the other to the usb, vice versa or just run both on the dongle and check.  Let me find that dac for you.  

Modmic usb adapter

Apple usb dongle

I have no idea if this will work but it would be a cool test.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

2 hours ago, Psittac said:

lol, I think I remember something odd like that too.  It's been several years since I've used a gaming headset but that does sound familiar.  I wish someone could explain why this is.  All I know is that ever since I have ditched gaming headsets and or complete onboard solutions it hasn't been an issue.  You know, one thing you could try is purchase a simple usb dac for either the mic or the headphone and try to seperate them from each other. Antlion makes a simple usb dongle for both input and output and it's reasonably priced.  Could put one to onboard and the other to the usb, vice versa or just run both on the dongle and check.  Let me find that dac for you.  

Modmic usb adapter

Apple usb dongle

I have no idea if this will work but it would be a cool test.

I also tried with a simple usb dac but the problem persists..

8 hours ago, TheBigAndry said:

I also tried with a simple usb dac but the problem persists..

That's really odd.  Then it has to be the shared ground in the cable.  The full screen thing is a complete mystery though

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70