7000D Air Cooling Configuration/s.

M A J O R

7000d.thumb.png.5bb1ad17683092673dfd8a9c9cd4cd16.png

Just picked up a 7000D to build in and I'm looking for some thoughts on air cooling in this case.. Early days parts list here (PCPP) if you're interested.

*FYI (Brown and green in the diagram is the NH-D15 cpu cooler).

More than likely going to use Noctua NF-A12x25s or their 140mm fans. I'll also mention that I plan to vertically mount the GPU as there's plenty of space to do it effectively here.

Some concerns I had with the above configs were voiced briefly by G.N in this video, basically he states that the fans toward the front will "steal" more of the cool intake air than they exhaust hot air emitted from the tower cooler etc. I'm considering leaving the top partially or fully unpopulated which aesthetically isn't ideal 馃槥 In my previous builds I've always had an AiO exhausting out the top, 2-3 intake in front and one exhaust in the back. This time I'd like to try the NH-D15 (black) which I think looks really slick in an all black build.

Again, still in the early planning stages so feel free info dump or suggest a completely different (AiO instead of tower for e.g).

Corsair Air 540 - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Z170 - Corsair HX850i - Intel i7 6700K - Corsair H100i Pro - Gigabyte RX 5700 XT 8GB - 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2400 - Samsung 860 QVO 1TB - Samsung 850 500GB - WD Black 4TB

1 hour ago, M A J O R said:

basically he states that the fans toward the front will "steal" more of the cool intake air than they exhaust hot air emitted from the tower cooler etc.

You鈥檙e referring to the two top-front fans? You could make them intake instead & just lower their RPM so your positive airflow isn鈥檛 so intake-dominant. That way, they鈥檒l work together with your fronts & provide cool air into your CPU.

Case like that makes close to no sense with an air-cooling setup. NZXT h7 flow should be nice enough when you add 3x140 intakes. Would avoid Noctua's 140mm lineup though as its outdated and beaten by cheap arctic p14:s.