X570 crosshair dark hero from asus

If this kind of question has been answered awesome send me the link to read up on the solution.

Here we go. I have the x570 crosshair viii dark hero from asus. It's been examined and it's been replaced by asus. I'm still suffering from the same thing the original motherboard would go through. My rig would randomly lock up and straight freezes. Some times the mouse works some times it doesn't. When this occurs the audio if any will continue for a few then eventually die out as well. While my mobo was at asus getting inspected. I took my r5 5600x and put it into my x570 gigabyte board and used my gskill trident s neo ram my storage and my 3070 everything worked flawlessly no issues. No nothing.

Is the dark hero motherboard a troublesome mobo? I've had two and the only thing that I can think is it is the board. If you want my full specs of my pc I can post in a reply

Just return it, complete pile of trash board anyways even getting beaten by a god damn b550 steel legend in ram oc

it shouldnt be a troublesome board (unless you happen to wanna run decently high ram speeds >4000) so you could have just gotten unlucky with your boards, though please just avoid it, horrible ram topology and there are cheaper better boards from competitiors (ex x570 tomahawk, unify x, aorus master, etc.)

also full specs would be appreciated

29 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Just return it, complete pile of trash board anyways even getting beaten by a god damn b550 steel legend in ram oc

it shouldnt be a troublesome board (unless you happen to wanna run decently high ram speeds >4000) so you could have just gotten unlucky with your boards, though please just avoid it, horrible ram topology and there are cheaper better boards from competitiors (ex x570 tomahawk, unify x, aorus master, etc.)

Oh i wish that i could. its over a year outside of purchasing it. I wish i had known this before purchasing the mobo.

30 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Full specs current as it sits, *takes deep breath*

r5 5600x (going to 5900x soonish)

RTX 3080 Ti

Had Gskill CL16 Trident Z neo 3600mhz 32GB 8GB dimms now using Corsair Vengeance CL16 3600mhz 32GB kit 8GB dimms

Samsung 970 Evo 500GB m.2

Samsung 960 Evo 256GB m.2

WD black 6TB 7200 RPM HDD.

Asus rog ryuo 240MM AIO

3 Fractal 140mm prisma AL-14 PWN

Fractal design define S2 case. 

Corsair RMx Series RM1000x 80 plus gold haswell ready full modular PSU

Corsair commander pro for Fan control for case fans.

Take 2 of those Corsair sticks out and see if your problems go away. On my QVL they list 2 Corsair sticks as being ok, but 4 is a no go.. might the same for you. My board is basically the B550 version of yours.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

3 hours ago, Vizantius said:

Had Gskill CL16 Trident Z neo 3600mhz 32GB 8GB dimms now using Corsair Vengeance CL16 3600mhz 32GB kit 8GB dimms

this is likely your issue

im not exactly sure if asus abysmal ram topology is much of a hinderance at slower <4000 speeds but if you ran this config on the giga board fine then that just means the abysmal ram topology does indeed affect your ram clock capabilities in all freq ranges, not even slow 3600 is immune from it

Well it is an asus crosshair board so maybe you can get a few hundred $ back by selling it used to some poor soul that hopefuly doesnt run 4x8 or high freq ram

next time maybe do abit more reasearch when looking at boards though i dont exactly blame you for thinking asus top end stuff is always good, this just happens to be an abysmally bad gen for asus

21 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

im not exactly sure if asus abysmal ram topology is much of a hinderance at slower <4000 speeds but if you ran this config on the giga board fine then that just means the abysmal ram topology does indeed affect your ram clock capabilities in all freq ranges, not even slow 3600 is immune from it

It’s not a hinderance. I run 4x8 and have no problems. A lot of my top benches were run with 4x8, but not all. Also have no stability issues.

22 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

next time maybe do abit more reasearch when looking at boards though i dont exactly blame you for thinking asus top end stuff is always good, this just happens to be an abysmally bad gen for asus

People trust Corsair because they are so loud and proud when they put their name out there. I on the other hand am wise to their ways and don’t buy their products. It’s not the fault of Asus that Corsair puts out shitty ram.

2 minutes ago, freeagent said:

People trust Corsair because they are so loud and proud when they put their name out there. I on the other hand am wise to their ways and don’t buy their products. It’s not the fault of Asus that Corsair puts out shitty ram.

Eh this might be both

Asus has abysmal ram topology on b550 and x570 that struggles to get past a meager 4500, so this might be affecting the already questionable corsair rams

4 minutes ago, freeagent said:

It’s not a hinderance. I run 4x8 and have no problems. A lot of my top benches were run with 4x8, but not all. Also have no stability issues.

well it does load the board and imc more though <4000 is usually not an issue, seems like most boards struggle to get over 4200 on 4x8 though, not sure how far t top boards like the x470 taichi can oc 4x8

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Asus has abysmal ram topology on b550 and x570 that struggles to get past a meager 4500,

Honestly.. who the fuck cares? For a daily system it is a great board. 

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

so this might be affecting the already questionable corsair rams

No. Because it’s not just Asus.

12 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Honestly.. who the fuck cares? For a daily system it is a great board. 

The ppl that buy this stuff usually splurge on expensive rams too so if they find they cant run their fast rams at rated speed course theyll be pissed

3600 cl16 is slow so i would assume it isnt that badly affected

13 minutes ago, freeagent said:

No. Because it’s not just Asus.

Then what is it?

29 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

The ppl that buy this stuff usually splurge on expensive rams too so if they find they cant run their fast rams at rated speed course theyll be pissed

I bought the stuff.. bought nice ram too.. not pissed that it wont run at 4500 though..  It will, but not daily stable.

High speed ram is more for Intel anyways. People buying this stuff know that.

32 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Then what is it?

Corsairs binning process, and their willingness to use whatever they have on hand to just make it work.

4 minutes ago, freeagent said:

I bought the stuff.. bought nice ram too.. not pissed that it wont run at 4500 though..  It will, but not daily stable.

High speed ram is more for Intel anyways. People buying this stuff know that

Isnt running gear 2 the same thing as 1/2 fclk? The performance penalty should be pretty much the same for all i know

The ultimate cpus for running high speed ram is cezanne since it can clock fclk to the moon

8 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Corsairs binning process, and their willingness to use whatever they have on hand to just make it work.

Is it really that bad?

i thought all the corsair ram mishaps were just something to do with their popularity

I have a  5950X, x570 dark hero, win 10 system. I have had one problem with my board. It made bsod. I fixed it with a bios update. 

Else my board has been troubled free. 

What bios version does you have on it now, if older. I would try a bios upgrade before doing much else. A new bios can fix instability and get better memory support and things like that. 

i do not believe its a ram issue. and i've done two ram sticks one ram stick and it still happens. this is with the G.Skill ram. i have no difference in either. i bought the corsair ram thinking my G.skill ram was crapping out on me. i can just drop it into my alt rig.

As far as slow ram. i'm not spending for 4000Mhz ram. and getting anything better than CL16 at 3600mhz ram is nauseating. to me and my wallet.

and as far as the motherboard goes i haven't had any issues with Asus boards until now. I trusted their competency with their motherboards. i had the CH6 and i wanted the dark hero. first real bad experience with their boards.

if you suggestions or other questions that can be helpful to the situation that would be great. i'm willing to answer any question related to this issue. i've done a lot of testing to figure out whats wrong with this board. if you want to know if i've done it. i'm willing to give that information.

while waiting for responses i have adjusted the C-States to disabled. i doubt this fixes anything, but here is hoping.