Phone won't turn on or charge after years in storage

_Froyo

I know this is a long shot, but I don't know where else to turn.

I was doing some cleaning the other day and found an old phone of mine, an LG L41C. I recall it having some of my files on its internal storage, so I tried to start it up to see if the files were still there. It had been about 3-4 years since I had last used the thing, but last time I did, it worked just fine. However, now it won't turn on or charge. I've tried everything, from cleaning the charging port, to holding volume up / down + power, to even buying a new battery, but nothing gets this thing to budge. I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

If the phone has been in area where exposure to moisture is possible, that would explain it, and getting it to run again isn't all that likely in that scenario. Some say you can dry out moisture by putting it in a rice bed, but I'm not sure if that will fix any moisture related damage.

And just because it wasn't open to the weather means nothing. Extreme temperature changes can form condensation inside a device.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

25 minutes ago, _Froyo said:

I know this is a long shot, but I don't know where else to turn.

I was doing some cleaning the other day and found an old phone of mine, an LG L41C. I recall it having some of my files on its internal storage, so I tried to start it up to see if the files were still there. It had been about 3-4 years since I had last used the thing, but last time I did, it worked just fine. However, now it won't turn on or charge. I've tried everything, from cleaning the charging port, to holding volume up / down + power, to even buying a new battery, but nothing gets this thing to budge. I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Most lipo batteries cant stand laying around for more than a ~year at other than 3.8v. You may be able to remove the battery and turn on the phone with the charger attached.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.