Advice Needed - Learn Illustrator or InDesign?

Go to solution Solved by tikker,

They are different tools for different jobs. Illustrator is for creating (vector) graphics while InDesign is for layout work. In other words, you create your graphical elements in Illustrator and then use InDesign to compose the final product. You could also do some of the layouting in Illustrator, so if you really had to go with only one then Illustrator I guess, but ultimately they have their own role that they are tailored for.

Between Illustrator and InDesign which one should I learn first? Or learning only one of them is more than enough? I have read somewhere on the internet that it's very beneficial to learn both as these two work pretty well with each other and depend on each other.

Please guide me.

They are different tools for different jobs. Illustrator is for creating (vector) graphics while InDesign is for layout work. In other words, you create your graphical elements in Illustrator and then use InDesign to compose the final product. You could also do some of the layouting in Illustrator, so if you really had to go with only one then Illustrator I guess, but ultimately they have their own role that they are tailored for.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB