Can I Run 2400mhz & 3200mhz RAM same Time?

Can I Run 2400mhz & 3200mhz RAM same Time?

I have currenty Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB X 2 DDR4 2400Mhz  in my system. But I think this model is less available to buy another 16 gb of ram in my country.
I wanted to upgrade my ram to 32gb. Can I buy 8x2 gb of 3200mhz ram and pair with 2400mhz ram for couple of months? Later I will sell the 2400 and buy another pair of 3200.

Thank you very much!!

Negative on that one.

Would be nice but no.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

There is never a guarantee that a mismatched RAM sticks will work together. If they work in your case, all of them will run at 2400 MHz.

It should work in the way that all of them will run at 2400MT/s but it's never a guarantee. And by guarantee I mean without you tinkering in the BIOS, you can almost definitely make it work by manual tuning as long as it works at least well enough to boot the system but it may not be without huge hassle, it's really alway a coin toss tbh since all motherboards will behave differently and it also depends on your CPU memory controller.

Thank you very much, Then should I buy 2400 to match the old? Is this good for 2-3 years. I am currently doing motion graphics. 

It should probably work. As mentioned, there's never any guarantee that mismatched sticks will cooperate, but in practice it seems to be pretty much a non-issue nowadays.

What will probably happen is that both kits will run at the slowest common speed, aka 2400MHz. That being said, 3200Mhz isn't exactly a huge stretch for decent 2400Mhz kits, especially with a bit more juice, so you might get 3200Mhz (or even an intermediary speed, like 2666 or 2933) if you're lucky and willing to put in the work to check for stability.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

j2cens did a video on it and it didn't mater. he even got better scores...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 8/15/2022 at 1:03 PM, MasudRana said:

Thank you very much, Then should I buy 2400 to match the old? Is this good for 2-3 years. I am currently doing motion graphics. 

Even the same sticks you buy in a different kit are not guaranteed to work together properly. It can be from another batch with totally different memory IC.

What's the brand and model of your CPU and motherboard?