New ARGB Fans - they're spinning but not lighting up when daisy chained. Arctic P12 ARGB + Asus Tuf x570 Mobo

Gohdan

Problem: RGB issue on ARGB fans. The fans spin just fine daisy chained together but aren’t lighting up. The ARGB connections are daisy chained and connected to the ARGB 5v header (I double checked the right header). If only one is connected directly to the ARGB header, that fan will light up a solid red or yellow but doesn’t show up in Asus' Armory Crate software and it doesn't respond to any colour changes in the software. This is the same situation for any of the 3 fans if hooked up individually - the RGB turns "on" but is never recognized by the software.

Attempted fixes Tried changing the order of the daisy chain, tried plugging in only one fan. When I plug in one fan, it sorta works but it's a solid red light and isn't picked up in Armory. Once I re-daisy chain it, both the original and the new light go out. I’ve also tried resetting my bios, updated the bios and turned off/on Aura in the BIOS.

Operating system: Windows 11 x64 but the RGB either works or it doesn't work before Windows even loads.

System specs: Asus X570 Tuf Gaming Pro w/ 2 RGB headers (not used) and 1 5v ARGB header (the one I'm using). 32GB DDR4 Corsair RAM, 850W PSU, RTX 3080 FTW3. So far as I can tell, neither the PSU nor the individual header are being overwhelmed based on specs. The fans in question are Arctic P12 ARGB fans, same as here: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/FQ6p99/arctic-p12-pst-a-rgb-0db-488-cfm-120-mm-fans-3-pack-acfan00232a

Googled Yeah and I've searched reddit + other forums to no avail. Most of the results aren't as specific as this or the user didn't actually plug in the ARGB header.

Do you have any other 3 pin 5v argb devices you can plug to the motherboard header to check it's working properly?

7 hours ago, glenalz81 said:

Do you have any other 3 pin 5v argb devices you can plug to the motherboard header to check it's working properly?

Unfortunately I don't 😞

I do have my partner's computer that has an ARGB header though, think I might daisy chaining my fans outside her case and see if it works on that header as I'm out of ideas otherwise.

Tried the fans on my partners' computer, they work just fine on RGB.  Fair to say my ARGB header is dead?  And if so, is the best path to buy a new ARGB controller?  I'd warranty it but Asus warranty in Canada takes a full 3+ weeks for a Mobo and I unfortunately can't go that long without one.