Displaying broken phone on laptop

Good Afternoon all,

Was trying to find out if it's possible to display my phone (Huawei P30 Lite which has a broken screen) on a laptop through a HDMI cable plugged into a USB C to HDMI and USB hub.

Eg, a hub like this :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Multiport-Projector-Converter-Chromebook-3-1-USB-C-HUB/dp/B09KZJY7MN/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?crid=22XGZ358MR8UK&keywords=usb+c+to+hdmi+and+usb&qid=1660519633&sprefix=usb+c+to+hdmi+and+usb%2Caps%2C68&sr=8-5

I've scoured the web, can't seem to find anything, apparently it's possible on monitors but I'm not sure about laptops.

Just now, RealTronaldDump said:

apparently it's possible on monitors but I'm not sure about laptops.

It's iffy on monitors depending on the specific phone (don't know whether that Huawei phone supports HDMI on the USB-C, I know there are some that do and some that don't), but impossible on laptops without either the use of a capture card or by sacrificing the laptop display and making it into a monitor with the use of an aftermarket display controller. 

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

It's iffy on monitors depending on the specific phone (don't know whether that Huawei phone supports HDMI on the USB-C, I know there are some that do and some that don't), but impossible on laptops without either the use of a capture card or by sacrificing the laptop display and making it into a monitor with the use of an aftermarket display controller. 

I see,

What about with a display port cable to a monitor is that possible at all?

Issue is my trusty monitor only has VGA, DVI and DP 😞

1 minute ago, RealTronaldDump said:

I see,

What about with a display port cable to a monitor is that possible at all?

Issue is my trusty monitor only has VGA, DVI and DP 😞

DP would work, probably better than HDMI would. USB-C doesn't technically support HDMI, it supports DP, which supports running HDMI over it (hence why HDMI works). 

DVI would also work since it is actually electrically compatible with HDMI version 1.1 IIRC, so if you can convert it to HDMI, you can convert that to DVI very easily. 

7 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

DP would work, probably better than HDMI would. USB-C doesn't technically support HDMI, it supports DP, which supports running HDMI over it (hence why HDMI works). 

DVI would also work since it is actually electrically compatible with HDMI version 1.1 IIRC, so if you can convert it to HDMI, you can convert that to DVI very easily. 

Nvm I don't think anything of these options will work because Huawei forums saying the P30 Lite doesn't support HDMI over the USB C as it's not USB C 3.1. 

I'll probably try plug a mouse into the phone and see what I can do.

Cheers for the help!