Would it be safe to move all my drives from my old pc to my new one?

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

I mean, I'd prefer to just do a fresh install, but realistically you don't need to. The two primary reasons to do a reinstall are to just avoid OS degradation and to avoid any possible driver conflicts that can cause weird issues. OS degradation isn't that big a deal, it's just that your performance might not be quite as high as you would expect from that new PC, and you can always see if you run into a driver conflict and reinstall if you start seeing some weird issues with something. 

My previous PC had a Xeon e3-1230 and rx 550. Now my new PC has a R5 5600G and RTX 2060. Would it be safe to plug in my boot drive into it or do I have to do a fresh windows install? (I really don't want to do a fresh install. Got some data I want to keep)

back up your old data before you move the drives.

I mean, I'd prefer to just do a fresh install, but realistically you don't need to. The two primary reasons to do a reinstall are to just avoid OS degradation and to avoid any possible driver conflicts that can cause weird issues. OS degradation isn't that big a deal, it's just that your performance might not be quite as high as you would expect from that new PC, and you can always see if you run into a driver conflict and reinstall if you start seeing some weird issues with something. 

4 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

back up your old data before you move the drives.

Ok, Could you give me an example of something that could go wrong or do you not have a clue?

3 minutes ago, Orika said:

Ok, Could you give me an example of something that could go wrong or do you not have a clue?

Data loss, or weird driver issues.

I have a clue, and you are asking the questions 🙂