7700X or 13600K(F)

Hello

i was wondering what would be the best choice: AMD ryzen 7 7700X with x670E mb or Intel core i5-13600K with z790 mb. 

with the amd combo, I can upgrade to zen 5 and probably also to zen 6 in the future but I will be giving up gaming performance due to lower single core performance. (I think it will be noticeable when I want to game on extremely high fps on a 240hz display)    

with the intel combo, I get a cpu that will have better single core performance and maybe also multi core due to their e-cores BUT raptor lake will be the last lga 1700 generation, so no cpu upgrades in the future. 

i will probably need a high performance cpu for school in the future so that’s why I am suggesting these paths: more performance now and needing a new mb in 2,5 years or a little less performance now and not having to throw away my perfectly good mb.
(And if i need to upgrade to a max performance cpu on one of those motherboards in 2 years, a 9950X 24 core beast will be better than the 13900K)

Intel 13th gen is the last on LGA 1700

AMD 7700X is AM5 and probably supports more generations.

But comparing AMd vs Intel speeds at this time is "unpossible"

I edit my posts more often than not

7 minutes ago, JoHeJo06 said:

Hello

i was wondering what would be the best choice: AMD ryzen 7 7700X with x670E mb or Intel core i5-13600K with z790 mb. 

with the amd combo, I can upgrade to zen 5 and probably also to zen 6 in the future but I will be giving up gaming performance due to lower single core performance. (I think it will be noticeable when I want to game on extremely high fps on a 240hz display)    

with the intel combo, I get a cpu that will have better single core performance and maybe also multi core due to their e-cores BUT raptor lake will be the last lga 1700 generation, so no cpu upgrades in the future. 

i will probably need a high performance cpu for school in the future so that’s why I am suggesting these paths: more performance now and needing a new mb in 2,5 years or a little less performance now and not having to throw away my perfectly good mb.
(And if i need to upgrade to a max performance cpu on one of those motherboards in 2 years, a 9950X 24 core beast will be better than the 13900K)

You have a crystal ball? How do you know that you will be giving up single core performance? On the same thread, how do you know that you can upgrade to Zen 5 or 6? None of this has been confirmed. Wait for release before planning out a system.

I wonder if a griffin is better than an unicorn 😁

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

3 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

I wonder if a griffin is better than an unicorn 😁

Do you play ark bro?

11 minutes ago, JoHeJo06 said:

Do you play ark bro?

Nope, but I do play Warhammer Total War 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones