120MM AIO good enough for a R7 5800x?

Ryzxnn

I am upgrading my R1700x to a R7 5800x and I am wondering if my existing CoolerMaster Masterliquid ML120L V2 RGB is enough to cool it. It cools my R7 1700x perfectly. If it will not suffice for the Ryzen 7 5800x, what are some good cooler options that I should consider?

Doubtful. I have a Scythe Mugen 5 and six 120s air-cooling a 5900X, and that Mugen 5 has a good bit more surface area than a 120mm rad. 240-280 is better, 360-480 would be best.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

44 minutes ago, Ryzxnn said:

I am upgrading my R1700x to a R7 5800x and I am wondering if my existing CoolerMaster Masterliquid ML120L V2 RGB is enough to cool it. It cools my R7 1700x perfectly. If it will not suffice for the Ryzen 7 5800x, what are some good cooler options that I should consider?

I have the 240L version (1 more fan I believe) that cools my i5 9600k amazingly. The 9600k and 5800x have roughly a 10W difference so yours would run a little warmer than mine does currently but I never exceed 70% of the limit even under heavy load with my current setup. Ill be upgrading it to an i7 12700k tomorrow so ill let you know how well the temps hold up. One of my favorite AIOs  

6 hours ago, avenirr said:

The 9600k and 5800x have roughly a 10W difference so yours would run a little warmer than mine does currently but I never exceed 70% of the limit even under heavy load with my current setup

AMD 7nm is much harder to cool than your massive cpu. 

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

I'm getting the message that my current cooler will not cut it. Are there any options that will be able to cool the CPU?

Right now I am looking at the Deepcool AK620, with a very positive review from Gamers Nexus. Other reviews say that it can keep even a Ryzen 9 5950x cool. For 55$ on newegg, it seems like a very good deal. Is this a good option or should I go for something else?

10 minutes ago, Ryzxnn said:

Right now I am looking at the Deepcool AK620, with a very positive review from Gamers Nexus. Other reviews say that it can keep even a Ryzen 9 5950x cool. For 55$ on newegg, it seems like a very good deal. Is this a good option or should I go for something else?

The ak620 is a great cpu cooler and a pretty good for that price. I'd personally take that offer