Is my motherboard just dead? No power.

impged

I built my PC ~2 years ago. No issues until yesterday when it just does not turn on anymore. I tried many things and am pretty sure my motherboard is just dead.

Currently I have disconnected all components other than CPU, and have supplied power to the motherboard via 24pin and to the CPU via 8pin.

The problem still persists, no power. I tested the PSU by jump starting it, and the fan inside starts and stays on, so I dont think its my PSU.

I have video where you can see nothing connected other than the CPU and two cables from PSU supplying power to mobo and CPU:

https://imgur.com/a/oPE3JOn

I figure its gotta be dead motherboard, but perhaps there is someone here with greater wisdom than I.

Yes, i have cleared CMOS.

Can't condemn or rule out the PSU without checking voltages. Yes, it's likely the motherboard is the problem, but the jump start test is hardly a be-all-end-all for the PSU.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

10 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Can't condemn or rule out the PSU without checking voltages. Yes, it's likely the motherboard is the problem, but the jump start test is hardly a be-all-end-all for the PSU.

Yea you're right I should do that. I have a meter so i'll do that in a little bit. Assuming it passes, time for a new mobo I guess 😬

Yeah, the PSU outputs the correct voltages. At least this pretty much narrows it down to a dead motherboard. Strange that it would just stop working out of nowhere though, especially being only 2 years old.

1 minute ago, impged said:

Yeah, the PSU outputs the correct voltages. At least this pretty much narrows it down to a dead motherboard. Strange that it would just stop working out of nowhere though, especially being only 2 years old.

i had something like this happen to my old motherboard a few years ago. Sometimes they just like to give out without any explanation lol