Asus RTX 2060 Dual EVO OC max fan speed on boot up

gunner_hero
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
4 minutes ago, gunner_hero said:

I'm just curious if it's normal that the fan speed is at the max on the boot up. But it goes to normal once it got to the windows.

Yeah that's pretty common. You'd probably need an engineer to give you the exact reasoning behind why they do that (I know a couple speculative reasonings like it helping to prevent the fans from stalling on start, but I don't want to say for certain), but basically every GPU I've owned has done that. 

Hello everyone, I have question about my GPU. I have just replaced my old defective gpu, MSI GTX 1660 super Ventus, with Asus RTX Dual EVO OC yesterday. I'm just curious if it's normal that the fan speed is at the max on the boot up. But it goes to normal once it got to the windows.

Specs:

CPU: R5 3600

MOBO: Aorus x570 elite

RAM : 16gb 3200mhz

GPU: Asus RTX 2060 Dual EVO OC

PSU: NZXT C650 GOLD

4 minutes ago, gunner_hero said:

I'm just curious if it's normal that the fan speed is at the max on the boot up. But it goes to normal once it got to the windows.

Yeah that's pretty common. You'd probably need an engineer to give you the exact reasoning behind why they do that (I know a couple speculative reasonings like it helping to prevent the fans from stalling on start, but I don't want to say for certain), but basically every GPU I've owned has done that. 

Totally normal.

Some GPU's actually run the fans at full speed in reverse for a few seconds on startup to try to clear dust. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Thanks to the replies guys, because I'm new to rtx thingy so everything is new to me again