Can anyone tell me what this noise might be coil whine?

EST1CKY

It stopped because I hit pause an then I unpaused it 

12 minutes ago, EST1CKY said:

rx 6900xt power color

I don't need to watch the video to know that is coil whine. Those cards whine like crazy, especially when the frame rate is high. Those cards have terrible input filtering (a mid range card from 10 years ago will have a larger filter), so the input inductors are under a ton of stress and thus whine at the same frequency as the frame rate. 

I own one, they're awesome cards to play with (they'll perform about as well as a 3090 Ti when properly overclocked), it's just that basically every card except for MSI and ASRock cards (they're the only one who redesigned the input filer from the reference design) will whine like mad.

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I don't need to watch the video to know that is coil whine. Those cards whine like a crazy, especially when the frame rate is high. Those cards have terrible input filtering (a mid range card from 10 years ago will have a larger filter), so the input inductors are under a ton of stress and thus whine at the same frequency as the frame rate. 

I own one, they're awesome cards to play with (they'll perform about as well as a 3090 Ti when properly overclocked), it's just that basically every card except for MSI and ASRock cards (they're the only one who redesigned the input filer from the reference design) will whine like mad.

But it’s nothing concerning right? Like I just wanna make sure it’s not about to blow into a million pieces. Haha 

Just now, EST1CKY said:

But it’s nothing concerning right? Like I just wanna make sure it’s not about to blow into a million pieces. Haha 

No, it's completely harmless to the card. The only concern with it is the noise, but if you game with headphones or have a noise dampened case it's a non-issue. 

5 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

No, it's completely harmless to the card. The only concern with it is the noise, but if you game with headphones or have a noise dampened case it's a non-issue. 

I have an open air case but i can’t hear it with headphones on thanks for the info was worried I was about to break it.