power color reddragon rx 580 4GB vbios

kurora

hi everyone, my gpu bios is kinda corrupted, i cant enter bios or safe mod whatsoever

but when i going to flash the vbios, i got confused with my gpu

the heatsink and fan is kinda look like the powercolor reddragon rx 580 4GB mining edition, but the output is not dvi only like the mining edition has

so what vbios version i should flash ?

f9a46af5-7507-45b7-a2c2-4a14531d3c76.jpg

696bfd05-6f9c-4325-b0a9-489c62f1c58b.jpg

RX 580s don't require the specific vendor to have the proper vBIOS. You could flash an XFX BIOS, an ASUS BIOS, a Sapphire BIOS, etc. and it be just fine. There are only two things that matter for when picking a BIOS:

1. What the core clocks are
  2. What memory chip vendor it has

Basically, you want to find one that supports Samsung, Micron, Elpida, or Hynix memory depending on what is present on your specific cards, then you want to find one that doesn't have super aggressive core clocks that your card likely can't do out of the box (I.E. I wouldn't expect the Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ Limited Edition BIOS to work on your card since it's got very aggressive boost clocks out of the box). Other than those two things, any RX 580 4GB BIOS will work on any RX 580 4GB. Even so, getting those wrong won't cause the card to break or anything, it's just that if you get the wrong memory the card won't output an image but you can still flash the new BIOS if you've got a second GPU, if you get the core clocks wrong you might just have the card crash in game and have to underclock it to stabilize. 

• 1 year later...

Hello! I do have the same card too, I'm wondering if you've already found a good bios for this card?