USB Hub is keeping keyboard lights on after shut down

Raxxath

After changing motherboards, my powered USB 3.0 hub is keeping my keyboard backlights on even after I shut down the computer, and I want to fix this. This behavior is occuring with an MSI B550 Tomahawk with a 5600x. I have my old Z87 Sabertooth with a 4770k in another PC, and if I plug the USB hub into it, it properly turns off the keyboard when I shut down the PC.

-I've tried disabling fast startup and/or USB selective suspend in windows power options
-I've tried enabling/disabling ErP in BIOS
-I've tried changing wake on event setting in the BIOS
-I've updated the motherboard BIOS

Plugging the keyboard directly into the PC isn't an option because I need the distance the hub provides. The keyboard is a Logitech G710+ and I'm on Windows 10 64 bit. I have the black version of this hub.

I remember my PC doing that as well, some USB ports just remained powered on after the Computer shut down, same goes for my RGB mouse and my Laptop. I usually just unplug it, but it doesn't bother me too much because the brightness isn't that high. I would recommend a USB extension cord or a hub that allows you to individually turn the ports off, or just a (clean, that should go without saying) T-Shirt to cover up the LEDs.

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

17 hours ago, Bismut said:

I remember my PC doing that as well, some USB ports just remained powered on after the Computer shut down, same goes for my RGB mouse and my Laptop. I usually just unplug it, but it doesn't bother me too much because the brightness isn't that high. I would recommend a USB extension cord or a hub that allows you to individually turn the ports off, or just a (clean, that should go without saying) T-Shirt to cover up the LEDs.

Those all feel like band-aids to me. There should be a real solution out there to get it functioning properly so I don't have to think about it.