this parts list good for 1000 dollar build?

Go to solution Solved by Ryuikko,

About what id reccommend 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XzjcBj

The 5600g isn't the best cpu since it has less cache and only pcie gen 3 support compared to the 5600 or 12400f

Stock cooler to put money elsewhere. The stock cooler for the 12400f/ 5600 should be sufficient and if wanted, can be upgraded later 

Good board for the price

Cheapest kit of 16gb ram

1tb storage is the minimum I'd reccommend since it's nice to have compared to half the storage 

That's not the worst price for a 3060ti, so I'll keep it in the list

Cheap case with airflow and a decent 750 watt psu

Budget (including currency): 1000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: raft, valheim, fallout 4, some other less demanding games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2v2Rnt

upgrading from gaming laptop w/ i5 10300h, 24gb ram, gtx 1650 ti

no other peripherals needed, gonna play @ 75 hz for now, maybe 144 hz later, wanna build no later than end of september. gonna add more storage later

If you're getting a dedicated GPU, opt for the 5600 or 5600X over the 5600G. Lots of extra cache that will help you more than an unused iGPU will.

That motherboard is pretty meh for the price. With a Ryzen 5, you can afford to skip the massive heatsink in favor of built-in wifi. You can get the passably ok AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming for about $100, and that comes with onboard Wifi. You can even pick up an X570 board for a lower price.

The Funcooker: Ryzen 5 5600 - Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 - 16GB DDR4 - Some reasonably nice Gigabyte X570 ITX dealy - a buttload of drives - a fancypants 650W EVGA SFX PSU - Lian Li Tu150 - Noctua NH-C14S until I bother to buy a tower cooler that would be in the same ballpark and cost me $30 or less. Got a suggestion on the cooler? I'm listening. Oh, and fans. I have all the fans.

About what id reccommend 

The 5600g isn't the best cpu since it has less cache and only pcie gen 3 support compared to the 5600 or 12400f

Stock cooler to put money elsewhere. The stock cooler for the 12400f/ 5600 should be sufficient and if wanted, can be upgraded later 

Good board for the price

Cheapest kit of 16gb ram

1tb storage is the minimum I'd reccommend since it's nice to have compared to half the storage 

For a Ryzen PC, consider this instead 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vRhqNc

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($183.25 @ Amazon

Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($104.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Dark Za 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($53.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Silicon Power A60 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($65.98 @ Amazon)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($425.00)

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G6 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ EVGA)

Total: $988.1

Non-G CPU so you can get more cache. Motherboard that's less, and MAX II is guaranteed compatible with 5000 series. You can get an inexpensive 1TB SSD. 

Intel's a bit faster this generation, consider this 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TsBPv3

CPU: Intel Core i3-12100F 3.3 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($106.99 @ Newegg

Motherboard: MSI PRO B660-A DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Dark Za 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($53.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Silicon Power A60 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($65.98 @ Amazon)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($425.00)

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G6 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ EVGA)

Total: $936.9

Edited by Fasauceome

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

Trash beauty:

Xeon X5550RX 570 4GB (defective) -Fattydove Racing 240GB - WD Blue 320GBHP Z400 - 6x2GB DDR3 1066 - EVGA 450W3

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I don't have a build, but something from personal experience is leave yourself room to upgrade over time. Try not to cheap out too much on the motherboard and psu.

Processor (CPU) - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor - Motherboard - Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) -  Memory (RAM) - Corsair 16384 MB (DDR4-2133) X2 32gb 

Graphic Card (GPU) -  NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 -  Display - MSI G32CQ4

1 hour ago, Ryuikko said:

About what id reccommend 

Good board for the price

Cheapest kit of 16gb ram

yknow, something kinda funny is that i had chosen that cpu and mobo combo before, but i thought the intel stock cooler was worse than it must be, so i switched to a amd cpu because i knew they had better stock coolers, in hindsight, it wasn’t a good idea

16 minutes ago, TheVeganButcher said:

yknow, something kinda funny is that i had chosen that cpu and mobo combo before, but i thought the intel stock cooler was worse than it must be, so i switched to a amd cpu because i knew they had better stock coolers, in hindsight, it wasn’t a good idea

The intel stock cooler is ~fine, nothing that's stands out as bad, but it is worse than amds. But It'll be fine and if you don't like the noise of the stock cooler you can always buy a cheap one for about 40 bucks